Change Mode

I Did It And Don't Know How To Fix It

I was using my son's computer and ran into some malware. The avg window came up and offered to put it into the vault. This option came up twice and I thought I had it all. A little later when I shut down and my son tried to log on, he could not. Every time he tried to start his computer he would get a log on screen with a different user. I tried booting in safe mode and it would go back to the different user screen "other user". Using safe mode with command prompt also brought me back to the login "other user" screen. I also tried the directory service restore and again ... back to login with "other user". I then went to the CMOS set up utility screen and tried anything that allowed me to allow me to set to default but to no avail ... I ended up with the same problem with "other user" login. Using different log in names and passwords, would end up at with this screen (specific domain does not exist or can not be contacted).Is there a way I can reset to default. I can not get in to run hjt or cc cleaner. Any suggestions? Son has months of school work on it and can not afford to lose his files. Please help. OS is Vista.

BTW ... "Other User" is a new log in and was not his. Don't know where or how it got there ... guessing virus or hacker.

images of screens below:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• 2 weeks later...

Archived