Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Signman

Starved Dog Thrown Away Like "trash"

thats patrick and he is doing so much better now. he has a facebook page also.

the person (if thats what you want to call her) sure didnt miss any meals thats for sure needs to be put away for a long time and treated like it treated patrick

I agree....I haven't had a chance to read all of the articles pertaining to Patrick on their page, but what I did read looks like he's going to survive. I sure hope so.

he is doing great. the best thing is that all his care is paid for from donations that have been sent in.

i just dont understand how someone could watch a dog starve like that. my dogs are well fed and some say they are fat but its been a long cold winter and with warmer weather coming on we will spend more time in the mountains and we all ill be back in shape.

I have read several of them, the pictures alone were enough to make me sick to my stomach.

The dog I recently got, (Romeo) while in no way shape or form was as bad off as Patrick, was indeed in my opinion being starved. He was 20 pounds underweight, that is more than 1/3th of his body weight the day I picked him up.

I would love to sit on a jury that got to hear a case like Patrick’s. I would vote for a very short sentence. I mean you know, it really doesn't take a human being all that long to die from starvation does it? :rolleyes: OK well maybe a slightly longer sentence, give them enough water so they can live just long enough to experience the pain, loneliness, anguish and despair that Patrick experienced.

If a dog was the teacher you would learn things like:

When loved ones come home, always run to greet them.

Never pass up the opportunity to go for a joyride.

Allow the experience of fresh air and the wind in your face to be pure Ecstasy.

Take naps.

Stretch before rising.

Run, romp, and play daily.

Thrive on attention and let people touch you.

Avoid biting when a simple growl will do.

On warm days, stop to lie on your back on the grass.

On hot days, drink lots of water and lie under a shady tree.

When you're happy, dance around and wag your entire body.

Delight in the simple joy of a long walk.

Be loyal.

Never pretend to be something you're not.

If what you want lies buried, dig until you find it.

When someone is having a bad day, be silent, sit close by, and nuzzle them gently.

.......... I hope that Patrick continues to grow stronger and love deeper. :wub:

:) Y

Kisha Curtis, the alleged abuser of Patrick, was released on bail. Please take note that the Essex County Prosecutor's Office will not be accepting e-mail or phone calls concerning this cae. Anyone wishing to contact them can send a fax to Essex County Prosecutor Carolyn Murray at 973-242-4901 or mail correspondence to her at 50 West Market St., Newark, N J 07102. Any correspondence should note that it is in regards to the Kisha Curtis/Patrick case.

Sent a fax :tup:

Wow!

Im glad hes doin good.

I think some jail time is in order :cop:

This article brought serious tears to my eyes, along with anger and disgust all roled into one tight ball. I felt like yelling obscenties at the owner and throwing a huge fit. But I am at work and just had to have the shock on my face show my emotions. OMG. I read through all the articles. He is doing better. The will power of this precious creature is none short of amazing, when he could of said heck with it and just died. But his spirit is what is keeping him going and getting a second chance at a new life of happiness. Just shows you how much sprit animals truly have. This story is absolutly appauling on how it started. I am so grateful for the people who have some extra change in their pockets to donate and help Patrick with his wonderful journey into being a brand new dog with a second chance of life, and to truly be cared for like he has never had before. I will be definitly keeping tabs on this in the future and see what happens. I mean who could just look at that and not want to follow. All I know is, I will not show this to my girlfriend. It would upset her to no end. I am still in shock over this. WOW. Thank god for all the talented men and women who helped nurse this poor dog back to health, and making just simply miracle recoveries. There is definitly an angel getting payed overtime for this animal. I say if you can donate, donate to this poor puppy. I want to see this dog at an ideal weight and running and playing in the next 6 months!!!!

Jeff

I didn't read the article ... this kind of story gets my blood pressure to the boiling point! :grr:

Human beings who abuse innocent creatures and other human beings (children in mind) are sick individuals. Did their parents ignore this fact when they were growing up? Attachment Disorder comes to mind here ... http://www.instituteforattachment.org/adult_intensives.htm

I didn't read the article ... this kind of story gets my blood pressure to the boiling point! :grr:

Human beings who abuse innocent creatures and other human beings (children in mind) are sick individuals. Did their parents ignore this fact when they were growing up? Attachment Disorder comes to mind here ... http://www.institute..._intensives.htm

Jacee I agree with you upbringing is the key to how honorable each person is. Don’t just punish this one person; punish all abusers of children and any other creature on Gods green earth.

Whoever is that cruel to animals and life should be punished...Put A Neat Little Hole Behind His Ear...............I love dogs I have a Alaskan Malamute and a Blue Heeler in a fenced in yard....They depend on me to feed them each day ....I feed them once a day but large portions and when i dine out in the restaurants i bring home all leftovers including the bones........They are a bit on the overweight side but it was a bit cold this winter....

Human beings who abuse innocent creatures and other human beings (children in mind) are sick individuals. Did their parents ignore this fact when they were growing up? Attachment Disorder comes to mind here ... http://www.instituteforattachment.org/adult_intensives.htm

The individual is obviously disturbed of mind and possibly diagnosable, but I have to point out that you linked a "pseudoscience" founded site of questionable value.

Glad the dog is doing well.

A neat lil hole behind the ear is suffice