Sign in to follow this  
ELSOL102

Sonic My Dvd Keeps Trying To Install; Can't Uninstall It

I have a desktop HP a1606n computer running Windows XP Media Center 2005

Sonic software for burning etc. came with the computer - I never use it...for some reason this program keeps trying to install itself with boxes that pop up....One box says "Please wait while Windows configures Sonic MyDVD Plus

then I get a box saying

"Installation package for Sonic Record Now Audio cannot be found. Try the installation again using valid copy of the installation package AUDIO.msi.

and the software keeps trying to load unsuccessfully

also

"The feature you are trying to use is in a network and is unavailable. Click OK to try again or enter alternate [path to a folder containing the installation or package AUDIO.misi"

Every time I reboot those boxes come back on and software is trying to load unsuccessfully.

I have seen other folks complaining about this problem with other computers but I have not seen any solutions yet.

Also last time I tried to reboot it did nothing and I had to turn off the electricity to shut down. Also for some reason my screensaver does not come up any more even though it is set to come up.

I was running Spybot with tea timer and I may have deleted some things...I got rid of Spybot...because I didn't understand what the pop up messages meant.

Beth

Edited by ELSOL102

Try this to remove the sonic software:

Revo

You've got another thread running in networking, not sure if these problems are related...can you let us know wether the suggested solutions work??

Although no longer supported by Microsoft, you can try their Windows Installer Cleanup utility. I've had no problems with it.

Get it here.

It's also free too! :)

Edited by Signman

Thank you. I could not uninstall Sonic because it kept running and trying to install itself (it is an HP problem which I would have to contact HP because whatever was online it was trying to use to re-install itself is no longer there), but I ended up re-installing Windows files around 3am...not the whole disk, just Windows, and now those problems are gone. Sonic is still there and I am afraid to go near it. I'v spent 3 weeks glued to this computer and need to get to other very important business. Sorry I did not get to try your solutions I am just over the top and had to be done with it.