Dual Monitor - Vga, Hdmi

Hello all. I searched and couldn't quite find what I was looking for with this problem so...

I have my PC monitor hooked up VGA and ran a HDMI cable to my TV/Monitor. When I boot the pc finds both monitors no problem, adjusts the display and everything. Even says both devices are working properly but there isn't any video getting to the second monitor. It (the TV) switches to HDMI but then says "no signal".

I've fiddled with about everything that I can think of but can get the display to mirror on the TV/Monitor. I had this working at one time.

I tried taking a DVI cable and running from the PC to the TV to no avail and a VGA from the PC to the TV with no luck. It finds all the hookups and shows both monitors in my device manager but no signal from the HDMI (or any connection) to the TV.

Anyway... If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate it. I know it's something in my settings seeing I had it working at one time. Still would be if I didn't have to restore the pc! Oh well. Thanks!

Ok, is this a laptop or PC. I know with a laptop you have to hit a FN key and the picture of a monitor on the keybaord to swith from laptop to external, or just 1 or the other or both, etc. Another thing you might want to look at is a faulty HDMI cable. THat may be a source of the issue. If you hooked the vga cable to a vga connector on the tv, then it didnt work, there is definitly a switch your not hitting software wise to get it turned on. This going to vary by video card. What video card fo you have? Hopefully one of our other experts can help from here. Just my two cents on this.

Thanks,

Jeff

Ok, is this a laptop or PC. I know with a laptop you have to hit a FN key and the picture of a monitor on the keybaord to swith from laptop to external, or just 1 or the other or both, etc. Another thing you might want to look at is a faulty HDMI cable. THat may be a source of the issue. If you hooked the vga cable to a vga connector on the tv, then it didnt work, there is definitly a switch your not hitting software wise to get it turned on. This going to vary by video card. What video card fo you have? Hopefully one of our other experts can help from here. Just my two cents on this.

Thanks,

Jeff

Well it's a desktop and the HDMI cable would have to be a reject because I bought a new one today thinking the same thing.

As far as video card this is what is under display adapters. Also if it helps this is windows 7.

Posted Image

I have the same set up with the exception of specific hardware brands and I also have my pc dual booted with Linux. Everything works for me so lets get yours going.

The device manager screen shot looks good but open up the monitor section to see if it shows both monitors. Mine simply lists 2 generic pnp displays.

If both are showing, double check that you have the "source" set correctly with the tv remote. My tv has two HDMI inputs, If I select HDMI 1, I have a black screen with the same message as you "no input signal". Select HDMI 2 and presto.

Good luck.

I have the same set up with the exception of specific hardware brands and I also have my pc dual booted with Linux. Everything works for me so lets get yours going.

The device manager screen shot looks good but open up the monitor section to see if it shows both monitors. Mine simply lists 2 generic pnp displays.

If both are showing, double check that you have the "source" set correctly with the tv remote. My tv has two HDMI inputs, If I select HDMI 1, I have a black screen with the same message as you "no input signal". Select HDMI 2 and presto.

Good luck.

Hi, yes I have both monitors listed but I only have one choice on my TV for HDMI. I've pretty much given up on the idea after all that I have tried. At my wit's end so to speak. But thanks for the effort, it's just not worth any more trouble to me. I know eventually I'll get it if I play around enough, if I play around with it anymore. ;-)