Change Mode

Removing Win 7 Sp1 Backups

http://www.ghacks.net/2011/02/23/remove-windows-7-sp1-backups-to-free-up-disk-space/

Notice: this is to free up disk space after you have decided SP1 works for you! If you use this tip, you will not be able to remove Windows 7 SP1. Savings could be as much as 2-3 GB's.

:tup:

What IntelGuy says (but the command line is more fun, perhaps funner)!

:)

Edit: I just looked in Disk Cleanup, and it said I had 0 bytes Service Pack Files which seems odd to me because I just installed it. When I am comfortable with SP1, I will use the command line delete and report back if much/any space is freed up.

Edited by flyfishingrules2

What IntelGuy says (but the command line is more fun, perhaps funner)!

:)

Edit: I just looked in Disk Cleanup, and it said I had 0 bytes Service Pack Files which seems odd to me because I just installed it. When I am comfortable with SP1, I will use the command line delete and report back if much/any space is freed up.

I'm not seeing any residual files either, maybe it's because I had the RC installed before taking the final release??

Must empty my recycle bin though @ 56gb!!

http://www.ghacks.net/2011/02/23/remove-windows-7-sp1-backups-to-free-up-disk-space/

Notice: this is to free up disk space after you have decided SP1 works for you! If you use this tip, you will not be able to remove Windows 7 SP1. Savings could be as much as 2-3 GB's.

:tup:

Good tip! :tup:

Only installed W7 SP1 yesterday on my W7 rig, so will leave it for about a week before doing so. :)

Good tip! :tup:

Only installed W7 SP1 yesterday on my W7 rig, so will leave it for about a week before doing so. :)

W7 SP1 is not check marked when I check to see what needs to be installed/updated. Do I need it? How do I know the difference?