Sign in to follow this  
thingy

Speed Test Still Broken

When accessing the Speed Test Page the image appears momentarily in what was its usual place but then drops down to the bottom as described in Bruce's Video (see 'Speed test broken' below)

A Message appears on the right in a little pink Box saying "The page you are trying to access is restricted or unavailble"

The Test does actually work in that the Results are shown but the Progress Bar is no longer visible

It's working fine for me with Windows 7 and IE8. What browser and what version of the Flash player are you using?

Thanks for your Reply

I have XP Home SP2 with IE7 and Flash 10.1.102.64

I should Update which is probably why it doesn't appear properly but as I said, it does actually work ok just at the bottom of the Page instead of the top

I have Saved a ScreenShot but I don't know how to put it into this Reply - sorry!

The situation remains as shown in Bruce's Video - below

The 'proper' Image appears briefly in its usual place at the top but then immediately drops down to the bottom of the Page with the Progress Bar obscured

The Message in a little pink Box on the right of the Page which I mentioned in my original post is no longer there - been replced with little Adverts for Facebook etc

The actual Test takes place and the Results appear in their little Boxes as usual

I have Saved a ScreenShot but I don't know how to put it into this Reply - sorry!

Upload your screen shot here and copy/paste the tags in a reply.

I've no idea why my Link didin't work - there is nothing wrong with the Copy\Paste function of my Browser - I must have done something wrong

This problem has only arisen over the last week or so and I have no problem with other Speed Test Sites which use Ookla and Flash

It's strange that the Applet does in fact work - it's just that it is at the bottom of the Page and partially obscured

If you copied the link from the forum post it has been truncated by the forum software and is not the actual link. To get the actual link, you would need to click on the truncated link in the forum post, then copy the URL from the address bar of the page that opened.

Thanks for your assistance

No - it's still the same but don't worry about it - it must be something to do with my Computer although it always has been ok until about ten days ago and all other Flash Applets work ok at other Sites

It does work anyway - just from the bottom of the Page with the Progress Bar obscured