Sign in to follow this  
Chris951

Pick A Laptop For Me

Well, gonna do my taxes here soon. I want to get a laptop really bad. I used to have a little Dell netbook but hated how tiny and slow it was. I havent really been into the "computer scene" for a while so I'm not very up to date on what's good and what isn't, or what products i should stay away from.

So what are some good laptops? I'm gonna set my budget at around $500. I dont need a crazy gaming laptop... I want one that is a good overall computer. I mostly just surf the internet, listen and download music, and watch movies. Gonna be starting college soon so it will be used for that also. What do you guys recommend as far as brands, processors, etc. I'm not a fan of Dell or Emachines so those are out of the picture. Not too fond of HP either but it might have to work.

Thanks

Edited by Chris951

After removing the brands you mention, my choice would be Acer. They have a full line of portables and I'm sure you'll be able to find one in the $500.00 - $700.00 range. Take a look on NewEgg. After them I would look at HP.

Acer?!? I hate acer, it's too much to hassle if you try to get hard drive out.. since you aren't fond of HP but Hp ROCKS, i had a friend who have a hp mini 110, it's all good but tiny keyboard like i would suggest Toshiba if you don't like dell, hp, gateway.. Toshiba would do..

it's still under 500 dollar.

http://us.toshiba.com/computers/laptops/mini-notebook/NB500/available-models

When looking and comparing laptops you almost have to try each one. Even something as simple as moving the delete key or the shift key can change everything. I can't stand small keyboards so I spend a lot of time comparing size and key location when looking at laptops. It's real hard to recommend a brand rather than an item. There is just too much variance in models within brands.

Well, not getting nearly as much as I thought on my taxes. So I'm gonna get a cheap netbook instead. I had a dell latitude 2100 and hated it so much. My neighbor has an ACER netbook and its pretty nice. I was looking on newegg and saw the cheapest one they had was an ASUS. Looks good to me. Just not diggin the Windows 7 starter with 1gb ram. I like XP :/

Thinking about one of these two. What is the difference between the Intel Atom 450 and 455? Should I spend the extra $30 on the second one? 300 is my limit and these look good. just dont know which one i should get or if they are really any different. Let me know guys. I dont wanna get one that i'm gonna hate lol. Thanks

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834220949

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834220907

Edited by Chris951

i know, thats not a problem for me. all i need right now is a computer that i can use the internet on. gonna start college soon and dont have anyhing at my house. and down the road i can pick up a cheap one drive.

Edited by Chris951