Change Mode

Keeps Deleting Desktop Weather

rosalindr

When I run PCMatic, it says Desktop Weather is malware. It also says it is a low threat and doesn't have to be deleted, but it deletes it when I reboot. How can I keep PCMatic from deleting Desktop Weather? Also how does a program get into the Malware Whitelist? There's a button to remove a program, but not one to add a program. I'd like to add Desktop Weather.

Roz

:wp:

To exclude Desktop Weather from the malware scan, please reinstall the Desktop Weather program, then follow these steps to add it to the malware White List:

1) Open PC Matic

2) Click on the Options gear, then click on Scan Options

3) Verify that Auto Fix is set to Off. If it is not, change it to Off and click on the Save Button

4) Close the Options window and run a scan

5) From the scan results page before the clean-up, click on the red rectangle under the malware scan high-level threats

6) Find the Desktop Weather process and add a check mark to the box under the heading White List.

Let us know if that does not resolve the issue.

Yes, that worked. You should add these instructions to your User Guide. It was very frustrating to keep having to reinstall Desktop Weather every time I ran PCMatic. My options were always set to AutoFix, so I never saw the Add to Whitelist checkbox. I could not find anything about it in your User Guide either.

Roz