I always laugh at the outrage expressed by these people. It's like Sanford is screwing them personally: "Damn it I did get my points! Get your feces together."

They are just points--what do they get you? Can you trade them for cash? Do they get you into heaven faster? They are bragging rights, that's about it! :laughing:

I always wonder why they are really folding.

Yes, regretably, Stanford lost some valuable research, no doubt; they understand that, but no system is infallible, especially one as huge as this.

P.S. When I get enough points, I'm turning them in for Ferrari. :banana:

Edit--OMG! Post #10 is by ****. Do you suppose it is the same one that folded here for a while...still doesn't get it.

Edited by flyfishingrules2

Fly, the point's are a "my ____ is bigger than yours" deal. The real issue is, folks like myself are paying for this research and we like to be credited for it; be it by points or whatever. It helps us know that our donation isn't for naught.

Why don't you donate to the cause?

Fly, the point's are a "my ____ is bigger than yours" deal. The real issue is, folks like myself are paying for this research and we like to be credited for it; be it by points or whatever. It helps us know that our donation isn't for naught.

?? ff2's a long and dedicated folder for our team..

and like ff2 i think it's just moaning over nothing,

sh## happens, that's life. :shrug:

biggest loss is the research data that will have to be re-run.

:b33r:

Edit--OMG! Post #10 is by ****. Do you suppose it is the same one that folded here for a while...still doesn't get it.

ffr2, yes, that's him! I'm still not sure who he's folding for or under what name, but that's him...

I suppose we all could have lost points, but it's the lost science that bothers me, along with the power and hardware lost to the missing WU's.....

edit: I see he's been folding for EVGA since July...

http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=521689

:geezer:

Edited by caintry_boy

I hate to lose points too. But its not a big deal. (Passed you terry) :boxing:

I just get PO'd with the way the run things. They have a flunky server, bad

core/client, etc, and its all your machines fault.

For two hours or better, they kept saying, "There is nothing wrong at this end".

Then VJ comes back, Oh, looks like there might be a little problem.

Then, yep its borked, and all work during that time is lost.

Its been going on for a month now, with different servers. (PS3, SMP bigadv, ATI GPU,

Nvidia GPU)

I know PG is a group of sciencetist. But I would fire every one of their IT team.

In all my time in electronics (35 years), I have never seen a mess like the one they have there. Haven't made three straight days, in over a month. I wouldn't have lasted in

business no time.

Of course, its our machines fault. :nono:

Enough ranting, and fuming.

Time for bed. :adios:

well done rah.. :clap:

Grrrrrrr :boxing:

:clap:

i think the biggest problem stanford has is the sheer size of the folding community and the lack of backup servers,

probably using the backups as main servers to try keep us all supplied with wu's and folding, so if one fails the sh## hit's the fan. :shrug:

Edited by terry1966

i think the biggest problem stanford has is the shear size of the folding community and the lack of backup servers,

probably using the backups as main servers to try keep us all supplied with wu's and folding, so if one fails the sh## hit's the fan. :shrug:

:yup:

You make me laugh too, Tx :laughing:

Lolz sorry about that,it was a knee jerk response to a perceived personal dog.

It is a personal dog, Tx, whatever that is :mrgreen:

Personal dog? http://www.theage.com.au/ffximage/2008/02/22/majblinddog_narrowweb__300x454,0.jpg

Too bad WikiLeaks can't do something useful like hack [email protected] I would love to see internal memos of what VJ says about people that moan about lost points.

:)

It is a personal dog, Tx, whatever that is :mrgreen:

Personal dog? http://www.theage.com.au/ffximage/2008/02/22/majblinddog_narrowweb__300x454,0.jpg

Too bad WikiLeaks can't do something useful like hack [email protected] I would love to see internal memos of what VJ says about people that moan about lost points.

I was posting from my phone and "soft" keyboards suck! :P

Touch screen FTL.

TX ....Fly...stop the banter. The pit has never made a big deal about points let's keep it that way. Bravo to all the folders that put up a couple hundred PPD. The only reason to fold is to support scientific progress and have some fun with your computer. :sparkle:

Bantering is good. I think we should do it more.

I'm thinking about buying Ted Kaczynski's place. They say the fishing is good:

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/12/04/montana.unabomber.property/index.html?eref=mrss_igoogle_cnn

:lol:

i'd buy some other land, the sellers trying to rip people off, says lands only worth about 50k but thinks it's worth 65k(after not being able to sell it for 145k) because the police put up a fence(without a gate) and a museum pinched the house.. :laughing:

I would reconstruct the house per the original and charge admission and go fishing. Pretty sure that would work :banana: I'm willing to pay for some blue sky.

Oh yeah, and buy more folding machines (just to keep this on topic).

Heck. Just come down here ffr2.

Day one - About a 6 or 7 pound red fish.

Day two - About 10 or 12 pound snook.

Day three - About a 70 pound tarpon.

Then we'll go fishing.

:rolleyes:

Let me know when your ready.

I always laugh at the outrage expressed by these people. It's like Sanford is screwing them personally: "Damn it I did get my points! Get your feces together."

They are just points--what do they get you? Can you trade them for cash? Do they get you into heaven faster? They are bragging rights, that's about it! :laughing:

I always wonder why they are really folding.

Yes, regretably, Stanford lost some valuable research, no doubt; they understand that, but no system is infallible, especially one as huge as this.

P.S. When I get enough points, I'm turning them in for Ferrari. :banana:

and what exactly would that be that I don't get?