Change Mode

Wide Variations On Test Results

andy

About a month ago my test results were high.My Laptop gained the top 13%,my main PC was in the top 10%.Now,my Laptop only gains around 30%,my main PC results vary drastically within minutes,as low as 37%,as high as 20%.The only problem I have,as stated as,is my Firefox Cookies.My main PC is running Windows 7 64 BIT,2.8ghz i7 Quad Core,6mb RAM,1GB Graphics card,750 MB Hard Drive,with a low CPU load.I can take the same test within minutes,and the result difference can be as wide as 17%.The only problem seems to be my DSL which is only around 5mbs.My Windows Score is a Overall 5.0.All Windows updates are installed,Disk Registry entries are cleaned,my hard Drives are Defraged.I have even restored my PC backed to the time when I was getting high results,and still a massive difference in tests results.There are no temperature changes,so why the wide variations of test results on 2 different Computers?Another strange thing is my test results for 3D are rather low now!?

Edited by andy

:wp:

You should be able to compare the two results side by side and see exactly where the differences lie. You can either rename the computer to preserve one set of results, or easier, would be to take screen shots of the Pit Score screens. If the biggest differences are in the CPU and memory scores, set the power profile to High Performance and see if that eliminates the differences.