Sign in to follow this  
gordesky1

My Water Cooling Setup:)

Been a long time sense i last posted on this forum.. :)

This is my first custom water loop Well i did have a h50 so i had water before but not a custom loop. How does it look?

And so far im happy and not happy..Temps are ok but i thought it would be better.

Temps are 33 too 34idle and 45 too 46c at load with 4ghzs and 1.47v load which seems decent,

And what i was aiming for is 4.2ghzs with 1.55v but temps are around 48c too 50c, and up too 52c when the heat kicks on in the house...

Does that seem right with this kit?

Also as you can see by the pics im running it like this res/pump too cpu than too rad than back too the res/pump combo,

Also i seen setups like this res/pump too rad than too cpu than back too the res/pump.

Will i see lower temps like that or about the same as i have it now? Or how i have it setup is good the way it is?

XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 Universal CPU Water Cooling Kit

Rasa Black (Acetal) CPU Waterblock

X2O 750 12V Pump/Reservoir

5mm Blue LED with 4Pin Molex

RS240 Radiator

Low Noise 1700rpm 120mm Fan x2 plus 2 silverstones 120mm 110cfms in push and pull.

2 Meters of Clear 7/16"ID Hose

G1/4" to 1/2" barbs x6

system specs are in my sig.

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/8136/dscf1277u.jpg

http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/920/dscf1278xw.jpg

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/6264/dscf1280.jpg

http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/4708/dscf1284k.jpg

http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/4996/dscf1286o.jpg

I resized the pics too 1920x1440 from 3600res figure that would be too much for some peaple:)

Edited by IntelGuy

Also i seen setups like this res/pump too rad than too cpu than back too the res/pump.

that's how i run my loop(except i have no res) theory being coldest water is always straight from the rad after being cooled, but to be honest i don't think you'll notice much/if any difference.

you'd notice better temps if your rad was outside the case tho in my opinion.(mines inside like yours)

i'm assuming you have an i7 920.

your temps look good, they'd be in the high 70's on a great air cooler with screaming fans, av air cooler would be in the high 90's, when at 100% load.

my fully enclosed loop in the case with side on temps are:- 65c raising to 70c depending on ambient i7 [email protected] 100% load 24/7 there's not an air cooler out there that could come close with my ambient and noise levels.

:b33r:

Edited by terry1966

that's how i run my loop(except i have no res) theory being coldest water is always straight from the rad after being cooled, but to be honest i don't think you'll notice much/if any difference.

you'd notice better temps if your rad was outside the case tho in my opinion.(mines inside like yours)

i'm assuming you have an i7 920.

your temps look good, they'd be in the high 70's on a great air cooler with screaming fans, av air cooler would be in the high 90's, when at 100% load.

my fully enclosed loop in the case with side on temps are:- 65c raising to 70c depending on ambient i7 [email protected] 100% load 24/7 there's not an air cooler out there that could come close with my ambient and noise levels.

:b33r:

Nope not a i7 its a Amd phenom 965 c3 @4.2ghzs Well runing it at 4ghzs with 1.47v right now.

Ya thats what i figured if i ony see like 1 too 2c if even that over what i have now its not really worth taking the loop apart and problee have too buy new hoses and new coolent...

When i redo the loop again i try it the other way just too see what it does.

Oh is the pump suppose too make a buzzing noise like a fish pump? Its not as loud at all sense you cant hear it over my fans but its like a faint buzzing.

Edited by gordesky1

Oh is the pump suppose too make a buzzing noise like a fish pump? Its not as loud at all sense you cant hear it over my fans but its like a faint buzzing.

Slight noise is fairly normal, at least you know it's running that way....

:geezer:

Slight noise is fairly normal, at least you know it's running that way....

:geezer:

Ya thats true:) Just wanted too make sure it was not dieing.