Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Signman

New "view" After Updates

Hey guys, I just got back to work today from a weeks vacation. I noticed my Vista Business machine was off so that told me that there was a Windows update while I was gone. No biggie.....but after starting up I noticed a different "view" when looking at the expanded tree and folders.....what's up with that? Looks like it has been grouped ....a-g...big space..then h-m...big space...etc. What is that about. I couldn't get it back the way it was so I did a restore to the day I left work...everything is working as it should now...but has anybody figured out a way to turn that off? I know I'll have to update in the comming days so I need to find out about turning this garbage off.

With Windows Explorer open right click and select "Group by", sounds like somehow it got set to "Name". If that is what it is setting it to "(None)" should set it bacck.

Ok...update.....I still have the stupid group thing going on but it is not with all folders. I have finally figured out how to get it to look like all my other folders. All I have to do is right click the folder,select properties, customise, and change the first bar to read "pictures and videos" instead of "documents". That's it....works as it should now. Hope this helps somebody else that has the same problem....sure did take long enough. :rolleyes: