Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

clhardingjr

Differences Between Optimize 3.0 & Pc Matic?

When I run Optimize 3.0, I do not get any recommendations to optimize TCP, but on the other hand when I ran the downloaded free scan of PC MATIC, I get 6. Can you explain the differences?

Make sure that both programs are configured the same regarding the bandwidth test.

The Optimize connection type should be configured as "Broadband" and the correct "Rated download speed" needs to be selected in order to match PC Matic, which is capable of determining these options automatically.

Make sure that both programs are configured the same regarding the bandwidth test.

The Optimize connection type should be configured as "Broadband" and the correct "Rated download speed" needs to be selected in order to match PC Matic, which is capable of determining these options automatically.

I have reconfigured PC MATIC for 3->6 megabits bandwidth to match the already configured Optimize 3.0. Reran both applications and the results were the same. PC MATIC is suggesting the following fixes, but Optimize 3.0 doesn't. I don't know if it has any revelence, but Overdrive also does not make these suggestions.

EnableTCPA 1

DisableTaskOffload 0

TCPMaxDataRetransmissions 7

SynAttackProtect 1

NetworkThrottlingIndex 10

EnableDCA 1

Thank you for the additional information.

Those are some new recommendations that were recently added to PC Matic in the last couple of weeks.

We will get those added to Optimize in the near future, but until then the two products will be out of sync.