Sign in to follow this  
bob421

Ajax Error

:wp:

Most likely there is something local interfering with the data transfer.

Try setting your firewall to allow www.pcpitstop.com. The corresponding IP is 64.29.201.21.

I am getting same error while doing a scan, happens at different points in the scan.

Per your suggestion, I shut off my firewall - same issue.

I am scanning because this system has slow response on the internet, so it could be a timing issue with this PC...

Steve

Timeout errors are a result of the program not being able to transfer the necessary data in the time alloted. The usual cause is a slow or inconsistent Internet connection. What is the rated/advertised speed for your Internet service and what is the measured speed from the bandwidth test found here: http://www.pcpitstop.com/internet/bw.asp ?

It was a network issue. I was getting 8 MB to 20 MB download speeds and the upload test would fail to start. (speakeasy.net\speedtest) Once I shut down the server, rebooted the Comcast modem and routers the network issues resolved and this error went away.

However I'm now getting a new error. When scanning (PC Matic) it will only complete the scan if I turn off the virus scan. Otherwise I get a PC Matic has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. error.

Should I open this as a new issue?

Steve

I am getting this ajax error message now, how can I stop that message??? the whole message reads Ajax error returned error save app tests.asp

Edited by angelwings

Ajax error returned:errorSaveAppTest.asp.  This is the error I receive when I attempt to load the pcmatic program onto this computer.  I purchased the pcmatic program on this computer and installed it on two other computers in  my home. This computer is and older HP.  When I open the desktop icon for pcmatic and ask it to do a scan, it gets to the stability section of the scan and then I get the Ajax error.  the pcmatic screen shows three computers on its screen. two of the computers , the new HP and the Dell show green pcmatic icons on the square showing on the pcmatic status and the third computer, this one, only shows a computer screen with a plus sign, no green pcmatic shield.  This leads me to believe that pcmatic is not correctly installed on this older hp.  I have uninstalled pcmatic from this compuiter and reset the router.  I then tried to load the pcmatic program and still get the ajax pop up when I try to scan.  I am going to try to shut off the firewall and try again but don't expect much success.  

It installed smoothly onto those other computers which were less than a year old ( hp and a Dell laptops).  

any suggestions?

On 4/26/2019 at 2:55 PM, tim goffar said:

Ajax error returned:errorSaveAppTest.asp.  This is the error I receive when I attempt to load the pcmatic program onto this computer.  I purchased the pcmatic program on this computer and installed it on two other computers in  my home. This computer is and older HP.  When I open the desktop icon for pcmatic and ask it to do a scan, it gets to the stability section of the scan and then I get the Ajax error.  the pcmatic screen shows three computers on its screen. two of the computers , the new HP and the Dell show green pcmatic icons on the square showing on the pcmatic status and the third computer, this one, only shows a computer screen with a plus sign, no green pcmatic shield.  This leads me to believe that pcmatic is not correctly installed on this older hp.  I have uninstalled pcmatic from this compuiter and reset the router.  I then tried to load the pcmatic program and still get the ajax pop up when I try to scan.  I am going to try to shut off the firewall and try again but don't expect much success.  

It installed smoothly onto those other computers which were less than a year old ( hp and a Dell laptops).  

any suggestions?

Hey Tim and :wp:

I've reached out to our support team, you should receive an email soon  to address this problem. Thanks for your patience and sorry for the delay in my response, I overlooked this post on accident.

Edit:I just received word back that we have 3 tickets open for you on this issue. Please check your spam folder for them so we can get this resolved for you.

Tx :)

Problem:  Ajax error returned error save app tests.asp

I have tried (5 times!) to forward a PC Matic logfile but your or my Mail Provider will not allow a .zip file.

Please advise how best to email the logfile report to you.

I have a [Ticket #GTG-809-37651]: PC Matic Product - suggestions have been made but none seem to solve the Ajax problem.

Thank you. Richard.

This error is happening to me as well, must be a fault with PC Matic. I have uninstalled  and reinstalled the program without success.

Ivan.

Same issues here!  Ajax error returned error save app tests.asp   PC Matic scan will not complete due to this issue.   I have to close the app and upon scan restart, this error message continues to halt the scan.

I'm getting the same issue. I've tried everything. Why are we paying for PCMATIC if we can't get an issue resolved

Ajax error returned error save app tests.asp  

Please help I'm getting frustrated !!!!

Hello @Ellen57 and :wp:

Sorry you're having troubles with our software. A ticked has been opened at our help desk for you. If you've not already received an email from one of our customer support team members, please check your spam email folder.

Tx :) 

Hi @DESKTOP-F12QG
Ajax errors are a result of data transmission to our servers being interrupted.  Since there are a number of reasons that could cause this issue, I have opened up a ticket in our support help desk so we can get the information we need to resolve the issue for you.

Please check your email for the ticket.