Change Mode

Has Anyone Added This To Their Registry ?

I was trying to dig out the MSKB article that documents this but it's on my other computer. This should work fine, it is a legit documented feature of IE.

In addition to blocking spyware, one nice thing you can do with this is disable a certain type of ActiveX, such as Flash, without disabling everything.

x-teq 6.3 has that utility in there program(what dave is saying about the flash) plus a bunch of other tweaks and stuff to make your computer more sucure. just type xteq in google and it will bring you either to there home site, or you can use tucows site to get it. :)

Edited by mohawkwarrior
  • 4 weeks later...

I won't use the beta Spybot add-ons - caused me problems.

This is different - I have had no problems since using it and have also installed the updates - all these registery changes still make me nervous ...

*S*

I've been using it and it doesn't seem to screw up anything. It does seem to prevent non cookie spyware. But it is hard to tell about the latter since I seldom got registry entry spyware anyway. It does seem to be a pain to check their website to see if the list is updated.

Guest plick

yeah i did this and it seems to work ok, no problems so far. ihave found less stuff on my computah and have not had my browser hijacked recently{this could be more to do with norton}.it doesnt seem to hurt any.