Error Creating Process <C:\docume~1\gayle\locals~1&

I hope you can help an not so computer savy person like me:

I recently deceided it would be best to start from scratch and redo or rebuild my computer so I rolled back to factory disks and reinstalled by individual software: all is fine until I start rebuilding the .net software from the windows site. I start with 1.1 net then graduated to 2.0 redistribution, and while downloading received this error: Error creating process <C:\docume~1\gayle\locals~1\temp\IxP---.Tmp\install.exe>. Reason:C:\windows\system32\advpack.dll Now I assume it is because the old user directory "gayle" is no longer available????? am I right???? not sure I am surprise to be having these issues on a basically renewed start?? I haven't shut the system off and restart as when you do with the completeion of new software added to your drive. Please help advise. My adware is Norton Thanks

thank you for you wonderful support and quick response. i really appreciate it and am glad for the help so thanks again.

open the window and the current file version for advpack.dll is 8.0.6001.18702. I did turn the computer off and restart and that seem to solve the issue tom. i did download other fix .net applications from the microsoft site. thanks so much. you guys are so cool

Also - are you manually downloading the .NET Framework?

I believe it would be best to get everything through Windows Update along with all the other updates if you have not done that already.

Windows update should automatically install .NET for you if its missing or outdated.