Athlon Xp Compatible Games

Jakeofalltrades

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can somebody help me l installed bionic commando and when l run game after 1 minute my pc restart wth ???

athlon xp 3000+

1gb ram

7600gs

WiC: Soviet Assault used to do that to my pc every single time when I reached a certain level. Try to defrag your hard drive, also check it for errors and give it a little more virtual memory.

(It turned out that my HD was broken...)

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning is coming out 10th February and it's system requirements are not that high IMO: 2.2Ghz Core2Duo, 1GB RAM and 8800GT 512Mb or higher...(I hope it runs with 256Mb video memory too, the min. resolution is 720p though so I'm not sure. Heroes VI didn't run because of that...).

edit:

Jagged Alliance: Back in Action demo crashed for me.

Cannon Fodder 3 demo crashes.

Kingdoms of Amalur also. This one uses the fmod sound system and maybe that's causing the crash.

Edited by dseries

@dseries

Kingdoms Of Amalur Reckoning didn't work (Demo on Steam).

Anybody tested Shaun White Skateboarding ?

EDIT: Shank 2 demo didn't work (Is the same engine which been Shank) and Super MNC didn't work (crash on .exe)

Edited by ssdd

Spoke too early.Something happened,getting new mobo in two weeks,hopefully radeon didnt burn.

Stella Rossa - Did you get Bionic Commando working?

No l didn't,l tried defragmenting pc,than checking for errors,giving little more virtual memory,checking temperatures AND BIG NOTHING...

l run game then a title BIONIC COMMANDO show up and says press enter to start game and when l press enter pc just restart.

Same thing happen with just cause 1 only difference is that pc restart after 15-20 minutes playing just cause 1.

l really don't understand whats happening with my pc other games run fine....

Edited by Stella Rossa

Just reboot,no blue screen?(if you havent ,disable "Automatically restart")Tried you reinstall?But check also your power.If it is under 500w and from not so well known manufacturer,just get new one.

"xp 2200+ overclocked to 2,25ghz" you can also try default clocks.

Edited by kazoomsha

Hey, send dxdiag.txt to e-mail community@38studios.com

Programming team from Big huge games

(Kingdoms of Amalur) are reconsidering to add socket A support in patch after the next one.

I was told that they will announce in update release notes, but not in next patch but patch after that.

Forum moderator told me . So, I'll wait for release notes and then purchase through Origin if they add support (but I'm not so happy about Origin.)

It is best to send as many as possible dxdiag.txt.

Edited by Starsylph

Just wanted to ask If I am the only one uncapable of running Mass Effect 3 Demo. Someone mentioned above that it worls on some single core machines.

My specs are:

Athlon XP 1900+

1,5GB RAM

ATI radeon X1600Pro

win XP prof.

I love mass effect 1 and 2. If I woun't be able tu run the last game, I'm going to kill someone.

thanks

Just wanted to ask If I am the only one uncapable of running Mass Effect 3 Demo. Someone mentioned above that it worls on some single core machines.

My specs are:

Athlon XP 1900+

1,5GB RAM

ATI radeon X1600Pro

win XP prof.

I love mass effect 1 and 2. If I woun't be able tu run the last game, I'm going to kill someone.

thanks

How You did this?! I couldn't ran ME2. Maybe have you some instructions? :)

• 2 weeks later...

This emulate one (PSHUFD) sse2 instruction.http://www.geocities.ws/dalex_257/ (+source code package)

http://forums.darkfa...p/t-154447.html somebody got Darkfall working with it but game is patched after that and WORKED when i tried it.

Anybody tried virtual machines?http://www.vmware.com/products/player/ VMware player.

http://bochs.sourceforge.net/ its open source.

If somebody knows,post some results.

http://code.google.c.../detail?id=4143 theres asked Dolphin (now requires sse2) Android port but in one post "i think it will be possible to run something like Gradius ReBirth (the fastest game on dolphin yet, which goes up to 420fps on A64 3800+) at 10-20 fps on 733MHz Celeron Coppermine, which is an XBox CPU. At least i remember early versions of Dolphin running BAM3K at over 9000 fps on AthlonXP 3200+"

Tried Killzone once on older pcsx2 v.0.8.1(now requires sse2 also) what got sse graphic plugin.It worked,all settings default,but was really toooooo slow+missing textures.

Edited by kazoomsha

Anyone tested with PSHUFD ColinMcRae DiRT or GRID ? Maybe try this with this tool older position :) I didn't test it because I do not even know how to operate it (i tried EDGE and Fortix 2 (when I click New Game - game close) - didn't work :( )

I tried diffrent indie games although do not expect too much

EDIT: I tried Shank with PSHUFD and ... didn't work

Edited by ssdd

Borderlands 2 is going to be optimized for PC http://www.pcgamer.c...-from-claptrap/

Same team:Gearbox and 2K Games->after Borderlands they know that we are here(Gearbox+Duke Forever worked).

Lets see what happens with Bioshock Infinite.Reasonable to leave sse support cause two others worked.

Infinite publisher 2K Games and devs Irrational Games (known briefly as 2K Boston, Inc./2K Australia Pty. Ltd.)

Edited by kazoomsha

• 2 weeks later...

Did you test The Saboteur (try with patch ENBSeries - didn't download on Opera, only IE and Firefox),Hunted demon forge,nba 2k11 and rage ? I planned buy and i don't know will run :(

EDIT: Trine 2 still didn't work (modname: vphysx.vplugin)

Edited by ssdd

• 2 weeks later...

Today start open beta Diablo III (from today to Monday)

Sniper Elite V2 demo (on steam) need Windows Vista (on xp error with Platform Update For Windows Vista (KB971512)). Please - test it :)

Edited by ssdd