Athlon Xp Compatible Games

Jakeofalltrades

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On my computer CoD MW3 running until mid-mission 9 - Bag and Drag. As you go down the ladder down to the underworld and the soldier checks for toxins then the game will crash and off.

EDIT@ Has anyone tested and Left4Dead Left4Dead 2? Work?

Edited by ssdd

On my computer CoD MW3 running until mid-mission 9 - Bag and Drag. As you go down the ladder down to the underworld and the soldier checks for toxins then the game will crash and off.

EDIT@ Has anyone tested and Left4Dead Left4Dead 2? Work?

MW3 100% works it must be something else... reinstall DirectX, Update drivers, etc.

Both L4D1 and L4D2 are working.

@Starsylph

Sorry that I introduced in the early mistake but glad that I will not turn off etc. Unfortunately, the game on my computer does not work reliably (probably the fault of ATI graphics cards), but there is slight improvement after applying the new patch ENBSeries (0099 Beta). Patch 3 also adds a bit of stability but it is still the same. I play with 1.5 GB Ram

Edited by ssdd

any news on Flatout 3? edit: not working! edit2: ...but there is hope :D the devs (Team6) are very helpful and they replied to my email and said that they're working on a single-core fix which will be included in one of the upcoming patches...

not a game, but Photoshop CS5 does not work (CS4 does) and also nVidia Photoshop plugin always crashes (due to SSE2 I think)

Clipping Point is a very nice racing game, it works AND it's FREE! (85 cars etc etc...) get it here: http://xlgames.com/CP/

Edited by dseries

Athlon Xp - M 2500+ @ 3000+

1gb Ram

Radeon x1650 PRO 256Mb AGP8x

And i ran:

Arkham Asylum (very slow on low)

CoD MW (medium)

Fallout 3 (medium)

Bioshock (medium)

Gears of war (medium)

Alpha Protocol (medium)

Mass Effect (medium)

Amnesia Dark descent (medium)

Athlon Xp - M 2500+ @ 3000+

1gb Ram

Radeon x1650 PRO 256Mb AGP8x

And i ran:

Arkham Asylum (very slow on low)

CoD MW (medium)

Fallout 3 (medium)

Bioshock (medium)

Gears of war (medium)

Alpha Protocol (medium)

Mass Effect (medium)

Amnesia Dark descent (medium)

hmm... only diff. that I have 2gb of ram & a 7800 and I could run Amnesia on almost high, GoW on High, MW on high (specular was on med., I think), but I couldn't run Fallout 3.. maybe I'll give it another try ... thanks for the info..

No,that Dragon Age P4 was another youtube video what i found.

My specs Athlon XP 3200+,Sapphire Radeon HD 3850 AGP,2 gigs ram,xp pro sp3,

Seagate Barracuda ST3200021A 200gigs.

Motherboard ASUS A7N8X-LA chipset nforce 2,socket A (462)

Corsair TX850W

Just got interested it cause RodrigoJurado said its working fine.

Forgot gpu is clocked 669/829 to 720/950.Using ati overdrive.

l can't believe you put 850W PSU on that old bad pc,for that pc 450-500W enough Edited by Stella Rossa

l can't believe you put 850W PSU on that old bad pc,for that pc 450-500W enough

Heh,yeah.It cost "only" 114 euros(+umm was it 4 years warranty) or something like that and i thought if im gonna build new one some day its also enough for that.

Edited by kazoomsha

Well those ways needs coding skills.

Was Flatout3 problem sse2 or only some single core issue?

I haven't tried it since the new patch, but I'm on it.... the devs said that there's going to be a single core fix in the new update... (not sure if that means SSE2 fix too or just single core, like the Athlon64 or Intel Pentiums...).

MK Arcade Collection is working. What's interesting that it's somehow using UE3, it comes with nvtt.dll, physx (2.8.3.14) and apex (1.0.0.0) files and it works without the nvtt.dll fix...

Maybe another game using 2.8.3.14 physx files that didn't run would work with these...I dunno.

edit: FO3 still crashes with the newest update

Edited by dseries

I think the problem is that Arkham city is ported with modern software which generateS compiler with sse2 code in it.

ME3 will also be a port and probably the same as AC.

Meaning another port not pc game.They get it easier working faster (and faster out) in that way.If we look just games i see this little pointless cause pc versions pratically includes just some extra and for people who are just playing,console is much easier choice.These are more products than games.

Rather take one good pc game about per year.

Edited by kazoomsha