Athlon Xp Compatible Games

Jakeofalltrades

Hows Arkham City...

I know I'm kinda repeating myself over here, but Arkham City is UE3 also...so, nvtt.dll fix. (:

To avoid further repeats, these games should all work: http://en.wikipedia....al_Engine_games

edit: Oh yeah and D&D Daggerdale works! (it's also listed above)

And War in the North looks like Demons Stone or LotR: RotK...i've looked after it a little and it uses the 'Dark Alliance Engine', which also powered the great RPG (imo...) The Bard's Tale (2004), which of course worked perfectly... i don't know what has been changed in the code, but i assume they didn't left it unchanged...

Edited by dseries

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends what PhysX files are used.2.8.4.4 not working for sure and Alice got those files.

Havent read more about those newer files so dont know why those seems work (atleast no sse2 compiled) but just change 2.8.4.4 to newer files didnt work in games what i tried so far.Cause games loads those it propably needs changes to game code.

Been trying to find out what files Red Orchestra 2 and Arkham City uses.

This was in one steam forums post "Red Orchestra 2 will not run without Physx it has to use it for the bullet ballistics and material penetration physics".So,dont know is it possible in any game to completely disable physics(physic engine) so it leave game playable.

http://physxinfo.com...an-arkham-city/ Arkham City 2.8.4 sdk and APEX.Dont know exact file version.Starting to get :filtered: off if it doesnt work.But lets seee.

Missed these.Theres two new PhysX system software package after 9.10.0514:

9.11.1107 http://www.nvidia.co...107-driver.html

Anybody tried Alice with these?

And cause we are surprisingly talking NV latest NVidia texture tools is 2.0.8.

Edited by kazoomsha

LoTR War In The North doesn't work :( In the near future I will test Saints Row The Third and Red Faction Armageddon. Stay tuned :)

P.S Sorry for my english :)

P.S 2 RO2,Dead Rising 2 didn't work :( I'll edit this post as I was testing

Edited by ssdd

hmm... Haunted: The Hell's Reach works with fix...

Stronghold 3 also crashes...

Dead Rising 2 Off the Record -> crash (illegal instruction)....DR2 too i'd guess

Red Orchestra 2 does not work even with the fix.... and this is because of physx files? Interesting...

edit: so wait, it's not the actual installed physx is the problem (i have 9.10.0513 installed) but the files that are in game's directory? (ex: physxcooking.dll, physxcore.dll, physxloader.dll, etc...)

edit2: hmm... Haunted uses v2.8.4.4 physx files and it works... RO2 uses v2.8.4.1 (so it's not that the newer ones don't work)

if I run RO2 with Haunted's physx files, it starts...(well start screen comes it...and it's stuck there)...

Edited by dseries

Afterfall: InSanity crash... UT3 engine but using PhysX. nvtt.dll-no-sse2 patch (from Borderlands) don't help... ;///

Skyrim work(?) but... game freeze sametimes or/and 99% cpu usage or/and keyboard stops responding. unplayable for me...

sorry-for-my-english lol ;)

infernoth,dseries
Just for sure but was there originally nvtt.dll for Red Orchestra 2 and InSanity and did you copy other dlls too?
Check PhysX files version in game binariesWin32 (anyway game .exe in same folder) 2.8.3.x works 2.8.4.4 not.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/3e8kdcluo0lisea/physx2.8.4.x.zip theres 2.8.4.5-6 files.Link is also in page 4.Propably wont work with those but game should load further.And there should be some physics settings in config file.
http://benchmarkrevi...d=600&Itemid=38 looks atleast in 2.8.4.1 that sse2 is only supported and devs have to enable it.
Sh*it,i forgot.2.8.4.2 is sse2 compiled.(look page 4 and links).So 2.8.4.2-4 files are most likely NV sse2 builds.But cause Hounted works,all files cannot be sse2 compiled?Or is it possible that if PhysXLoader.dll doesnt use any sse2 instructions those other files can be used?
Another question is are apex effects used only when hardware physics enabled?

Got to dig this more.Was there any PhysX system software installer and did games install it?Or have you tried those newer system software packages?

Quite many official sys reqs for working games are dual core.(if you meant not enough clocks try RO2 higher priority and wait some time,can you minimize that splash? or is in config file any multithreading settings?)Or can it really be singlecore issue but then there should be more similar posts?

Can somebody upload those Hounted PhysX files(add cuda,apex files too).Have to try these with DA2.
Gonna edit this post cause theres earlier PhysX posts and trying to sample these to one or two posts.

Waves demo.It installed PhysX system software 9.10.0224 but got these and also loads:
NxCharacter.dll,PhysXCooking.dll,PhysXCore.dll,PhysXLoader.dll are 2.8.4.4
PhysXExtensions.dll 2.8.4.1
PhysXDevice.dll 10.6.23.0
Apex files 1.0.0.1
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=G1V8FBQS files are there
Only with fixed nvtt.dll,libpn12.dll,zlib1.dll no splash and access violation,exe file.
(dump,Launch.log files location UDKGameLogs)
Dseries,all.Cut xaudio2_7.dll from system32->try game->cut xactengine3_7.dll->try game->cut X3DAudio1_7.dll->try game->XAPOFX1_5.dll->try game.(or some combination?)If game asks those rename previous version to same which you cut.(try also to Dead Island+OpenAL setting)
These are propably loaded even sound changed to OpenAL or disabled.
After i change PHysX files to 2.8.4.6 dump file debug shows illegal instruction at ApexFramework_x86.dll.
Its same if i mess with sound files.Just launch.log shows error:
[0000.23] Error: Error, Manifest doesn't exist: ....UDKGameScriptManifest.txt
[0000.31] Log: PhysX GPU Support: DISABLED
[0000.32] Init: Initializing FaceFX...
[0000.32] Init: FaceFX 1.7.4 initialized.
[0000.33] Init: Failed to create XAudio2 interface
[0002.71] Log: === Critical error: ===
Fatal error!

Address = 0x39234b8 (filename not found)
Sound files not touched:
[0008.17] Error: Error, Manifest doesn't exist: ....UDKGameScriptManifest.txt
[0008.24] Log: PhysX GPU Support: DISABLED
[0008.26] Init: Initializing FaceFX...
[0008.26] Init: FaceFX 1.7.4 initialized.
[0008.34] Init: XAudio2 using 'SB Live! Wave Device' : 2 channels at 44.1 kHz using 16 bits per sample (channel mask 0x3)
[0010.61] Log: === Critical error: ===
Fatal error!

Address = 0x39034b8 (filename not found)
That Script folder is missing.
Going to ask in forums is it supposed to work.Steam reqs were 2.0 cpu.
So i suspect that Unreal problems are only PhysX related,or hopefully audio doesnt crash after PhysX.

Edited by kazoomsha

infernoth,dseries

Just for sure but was there originally nvtt.dll for Red Orchestra 2 and InSanity and did you copy other dlls too?

Check PhysX files version in game binariesWin32 (anyway game .exe in same folder) 2.8.3.x works 2.8.4.4 not.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=U31IP0WX theres 2.8.4.5-6 files.Link is also in page 4.Propably wont work with those but game should load further.

And there should be some physics settings in config file.

I only tried RO2. I copied nvtt.dll and the other two files to "...Bin/Win32/" ..and yes, there was an nvtt.dll there, but not the other two files...

It isn't true that 2.8.4.4 does not work, because Haunted: The Hell's reach WORKS with 2.8.4.4 files (and the fix).... RO2 uses 2.8.4.1 physx files and does not work...

Oh..and I disabled hardware physx in engine.ini...didn't help.

edit:

hmm... Haunted uses v2.8.4.4 physx files and it works... RO2 uses v2.8.4.1 (so it's not that the newer ones don't work)

if I run RO2 with Haunted's physx files, it starts...(well start screen comes it...and it's stuck there)...

apparently, the splash screen hang is not just my issue... see: http://forums.tripwi...ead.php?t=33459

so, maybe (if there's a solution to this) it will work after all...

edit2: some say RO2s official minimum system requirement is a dual core....

----------------------------------

Haunted has got these files in ...binwin32 folder:

PhysXCooking.dll (2.8.4.4)

PhysXCore.dll (2.8.4.4)

PhysXLoader.dll (2.8.4.1)

NxCharacter.dll (2.8.4.4)

PhysXExtensions.dll (2.8.4.4)

PhysXDevice.dll (11.2.25.0)

Apex_******.dll files are all 1.0.0.1, no other physx files are there...

I'll look into Afterfall and Scourge Project and then get back to RO2...

Edited by dseries

i decided to make a new post for this, so sorry for double posting...

Scourge Project with nvtt.dll fix: splash screen comes in and then crash...(it uses v2.8.1.15 physx files, if I change to ANY other version = instant crash...)

after i disabled the startup movies, title screen loads fullscreen with sound playing and 'press any key' sign....when i press a key, it crashes...

i tried to change the audio system to openAL = instant crash... (it's not the sound system, when i disable it completely, still crashes)

hardware physx is disabled, shaders set to simple, multithreading off.

Afterfall didn't work no matter what I did...what's interesting is it uses the same version of physx files as Haunted (which works)...lol what? (I tried editing ini, changing physx dlls, etc. etc. same crash, the start screen not even shows up)

Edited by dseries

Saints Row The Third didn't work. F.3.A.R breaks down in the intro.

I will test the Dead Island and Red Faction Armageddon.

EDIT: Dead Island works... to the first menu. Further confusion about the file already engine_x86 rwdi.dll. If someone who works has the modified file please send me:) Now i will test Red Faction Armageddon :)

Edited by ssdd

Guessing that Dead Island and F.3.A.R crashing because cvtps2dq sse2 instruction?

These crashing before or after menu:

Might&Magic Heroes 6,nvtt.dll,Fortix2,Ignite=cvtps2dq.

NFS:Pro Street cvtdq2ps and crashes because high physics setting.Sorry,exact setting was car damage.

Edited by kazoomsha

@kazoomsha Maybe, i don't know. F.3.AR wrote at that game does not work because it stopped working f.3.a.r.exe, and the Dead Island is a file engine_x86 stopped working. I am surprised that Dead Island is not working because the previous version (Chrome Engine 4) worked perfectly (CoJ Bound in Blood etc.)

EDIT: Red Faction Armageddon didn't work.I don't know what I was testing - how it will be something to write.

Edited by ssdd

Ship Simulator Extremes demo crashes before mission starts.Steam reqs 3.0Ghz.PhysX 9.10.0129 installer.Anybody...(donwloaded this few days ago,just thinking do i have physx problems)."Unknown software exeption" and this is with 9.11.1107.Not sure but earlier error was maybe "access violation" with older PhysX versions so might be PhysX related for me.(trying reinstall demo)

No luck,one thread http://forums.steamp...d.php?t=1876534 but i get crash before mission start.

Edited by kazoomsha

dseries.Did you try Scourge with different resolutions or disable other settings.(apex files?)

HKLMSOFTWAREAGEIA Technologies check HwSelection is set to CPU.You can try GPU and reboot for sure if it makes anything.

You propably messed up PhysXLoader.dll and PhysXExtensions file versions in that another post cause uploaded Hounted files got Loader 2.8.4.4 and Extensions 2.8.4.1.Versions are same for Waves but for example ApexFramework_x86.dll size is smaller.

But hey,it goes to splash with Hounted files and PhysXDevice.dll is different version.

And yes,these newer files are depending that VC90(100?).Its seems to be related PhysXCore.dll.

Dont know but if Arkham City dont work it might not be impossibe to fix...

Edited by kazoomsha

Someone tested Batman Arkham City and WRC 2 FIA Rally Champions ? I tested PES 12 and runs great. I will test the WRC 2 FIA Champions and Arkham City

EDIT: Serious Sam BFE 3 runs great

Edited by ssdd

@Starsylph

I play in Skyrim of Update 2 (to update the game is much better) and patch from ENBSeries - works perfectly on low or medium on 1024x768. Only what is wrong, is that in some moments off but it might be my graphics card fault (ATI Radeon x1650 AGP 256mb)

Edited by ssdd

@kazoomsha:

yeah, i've tried with diff. res and windowed mode even, same.. (when i press a key in the menu: crash)

and yeah, i may have mixed the version numbers up lol C: (but those were haunted's files...)

i'm beginning to think the same.. there is no way to fix this (just as with Dead Island, menu works, but you can't play... :( )

Edited by dseries

Batman Arkham City didn't work on Amd Athlon XP 2,08GHz , Ati Radeon x1650 AGP 256mb and 1,5 gb ram (error 0xc0000001d - Batman required SSE2)

@Starsylph - unfortunately, yes. Let someone else try - maybe he will succeed (same problem I had in Far Cry 2)

Edited by ssdd