Change Mode

Athlon Xp Compatible Games

Jakeofalltrades

ok now I have updated all my drivers, I have all graphics options to low and now when I press new game I get this error:

The application failed to start because it wasnt found dbgeng.dll

Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

Edited by devildante

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

36xx cards should work with every game unless there isnt any ati problems.(like open gl)

Infact in some situations 3650 1Gb performs better than 3850 cause that 1Gb mem.

If you didnt change anything else than card check that its attached well and goes bottom of slot.

Is there that extra power connector?I remembered that it doesnt need it but looks like it does.

Anyway check also power 12v amps.

That extra connection is for power supply.Look other end of card.Is there 4 or 6 pin or propably floppy connector?Were there any adapter cable?

Power specs should be at one side of it.Most likely in that side whats visible when you open case.

My link in last post somebody got game problems also and 500w power helped.

Edited by kazoomsha

I downloaded the file and I copied the folder system 32 and now returns to crash to deskopt

Try this: (was in fixes what i found) and because of sse2

go \Documents\DeadIsland\out\Settings

open Audio.scr with notepad and change

API("XAudio2″) to API("aOpenAL")

If you dont have OpenAL installed just download and install.

And have you tried patch?

Is there any crash logs in game folder or watson logs?

To use watson just type to run box drwtsn32.exe and check application error list.Watson propably uses that dll too.

Edited by kazoomsha

I tried everything ...

It is definitely impossible to play without SSE2 Dead Island.

Same goes for Call of Juarez: The Cartel then. Same Chrome Engine as far as I know. :cr@sh::mrsgreen:

edit: What's the error message?

Edited by dseries

Will THE SABOTEUR work on athlon xp ????

Minimum requirements say Dual Core or AMD equivalent

although i found a comment on it:

" my game freezes after loading … got a 8500GT and AMD Athlon 3800+ (too slow for that game)….. the loading screen problem have i solved witu this trick: ATTENTION: This could cause a crash and your computer can get some damage!!!!!

start the game …. change to taskmanager and right click on saboteur.exe…. change the priority to max and your game will load

ATTENTION: This could cause a crash and your computer can get some damage!!!!! "

im not sure, but i think he has an Athlon 64 (which has SSE2 support) and not Athlon XP...but you can try

Minimum requirements say Dual Core or AMD equivalent

although i found a comment on it:

" my game freezes after loading … got a 8500GT and AMD Athlon 3800+ (too slow for that game)….. the loading screen problem have i solved witu this trick: ATTENTION: This could cause a crash and your computer can get some damage!!!!!

start the game …. change to taskmanager and right click on saboteur.exe…. change the priority to max and your game will load

ATTENTION: This could cause a crash and your computer can get some damage!!!!! "

im not sure, but i think he has an Athlon 64 (which has SSE2 support) and not Athlon XP...but you can try

l tried that not working ....Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

• 2 weeks later...

alice: madness return not work/crash :///

i found this:

"So how do you switch PhysX off? I looked at BaseEngine.ini and i found 3 places where there reads physX... ...one says physX level is zero and two others says 8 and 64...

--------------------------------------------------

i did and that helped. the game looks a bit worse, but it was unplayable with PhysX on with fps dropping to 10.

i was shocked to discover that the game is restricted to 30 fps."

but this not help...

/edit/

work:

deus ex: human revolution (2011) (sometimes only 15 fps)

Cursed Mountain (2010) (work perfect)

Cryostasis (2008)

Edited by infernoth

Not much chance to run RAGE I assume, but if someone tries, please post their results just in case. :look:

I'm saying this, because id Software even modified their Tech4 Engine to require SSE2 (Wolfenstein)...someone could give it a try though.

edit:

Warhammer Space marine has the same engine like RTS series but in different camera mode. Also not sure if can be run.

no chance imho... DoW2 engine (Essence Engine 2.0) used SSE2 until now (DoW2, Chaos Rising, Retribution...) I don't think they changed it. Edited by dseries

I read that original id twech 5 was testing on single core processor a long way ago.

I also read that

"Unlike previous games released by id Software, RAGE doesn't offer options to tweak the game's graphics. Instead, the engine reportedly benchmarks and tweaks "invisible settings" to suit the hardware and overall performance. Users can only tweak the resolution, anti-aliasing and gamma."

Tech4 for WOLf2,I think was develpoed by Raven soft also.

What bugs me is why the "F" did they make it require SSE2? Quake4 ran perfectly and was prettier than Doom3 (Wolf2 has kind of the same quality as I've seen in screenshots..) I'm guessing that the Miles Sound System is what's fu**ing with us. That must be the problem with the non-IW developed CoD sequels aswell, that they integrated the Miles sound system in the engine making it unplayable for non-SSE2 CPUs.

I'm guessing that's the same problem with Wolf2. And i'm afraid it will be the same in Rage too. :goodnight:

Realized on stoopid thing.Are these newer sound files using sse2 to 2way stereo sound too??

Or is there some default setting what prevents game starting?

Hmm... I'm not sure, but it may be that Miles only uses SSE2 for game music? I'm thinking this because in IW developed CoD games you only had to rename 1 file (mssmp3.asi I think) and the game ran WITH sound! You just disabled the music (which is stored in mp3 format...).

I just checked MW2's files in the mean time to confirm this: inside of the IWD files (which are basically just ZIP files renamed to IWD...) in the "main" folder, all the sounds / effects / speech are stored in WAV files! Game music is stored in MP3 format!

This might be a stupid idea, BUT: what happens if I install World at War or Black Ops for example, extract the music from the IWD data files, recode / convert the MP3 files to WAV and repack them to an IWD file again. :unsure::drool:

Edited by dseries

Nice,I'm starting too :drool:.

For example COD4 has some serious stuttering issue and loading time just like Witcher 1.3. on my pc.

COD6 MW2 doesn't have this.

i post this

http://forums.bethso...port-athlon-xp/

Maybe we will get answer.

Hey, thanks for asking it :D. I'm gonna try MW2 first with this method, since I've got that installed. Maybe it works without renaming (or with renaming but with music :)

Oh and when you repack the WAV files, make sure you just use a "default" zip format, for example Total Commander's Alt+F5. You can try and trick the game, so after you convert the MP3 files to WAV, simply rename them to MP3 again before repacking.

edit: There might be an easier way! I found a "fixed" version of mssmp3.asi for MW and MW2 to be able to play with music on. The problem is...we don't have access to these files in World at War and Black Ops....I've tried putting it in the same directory as the EXE file...same crash.

edit2: lol! The music is already in WAV format in World at War....then what's causing the crash? Binkw32.dll?

Edited by dseries

Was that cod error actually sse2?

http://forums.ngemu....ad.php?t=107018 theres said its ambient music.

So is that MP3 just for ambient and what somebody fixed in it?

Never looked this so much,been using just rename.

yep, SSE2 related...

here's the fixed mssmp3.asi file: http://www.multiupload.com/W0GEQIZUK4

with this, you can have music and ambient sounds (which are both encoded in MP3 format in the data files)

now i found two uses for this:

1) obviously the first one is to replace (overwrite) this file with your default one in the "miles" directory ...duh

2) now this more interesting: if you don't rename the file in your "miles" dir (leave it like it is) AND copy the fixed file from the link above in the game's root directory (where the exe file is), it runs....without crash....so the game uses the file which is next to the EXE and ignores the one in the "miles" dir (which uses SSE2)....[also works for MW1 and MW2]

i've tried copying the fixed file to WaW root dir, but no luck, same crash...i thought its the same engine so the same thing causes the crash...but apparently not...

my suspicion is that the file binkw32.dll is the wrong one for us.....same as in Wolf2 (there are just no other files that could cause the crash)

but...how? i even checked its changelog and found this:

Fixed a bug on Windows that caused a crash on machines that have SSE, but not SSE2 (older Athlons mostly)

Edited by dseries

(note:not working braid.exe was sse2 build for sure,function braid and instruction movsdx)

Theres also game exe and mss32.dll(part of miles) and didnt find much about it but its interface for Win.

Downloaded Quantum of Solace demo again.

Watson log:

Function: jb_sp_s!GZLibFile__IsValid instruction:movq (file is .exe)

(something to do with compression?)

Also tried three different mss32.dll and same illegal instruction error.

Game loads those but dont give any "something not found in lib" error?

Same for bink.

Edited by kazoomsha

Maybe it's not Bink or Miles...maybe it's the EXE.. but it's possible to rebuild them without SSE2 code, I'm sure (for example: Braid: rebuilt exe, runs flawlessly ; CoD4 & MW2: rebuild mssmp3.asi, runs flawlessly WITH music & everything.. ; Borderlands: rebuilt DLL, runs flawlessly)

There's just absolutely NO ONE to rebuild the executables of Quantum of Solace, World at War, Black Ops, DiRT, GRID, etc. etc.

Hmm... I've tried Dead Island.....well it starts flawlessly....until you want to start a new game. I don't quite get it. The rendering system runs without SSE2, because it starts...the sound system runs without SSE2, because it starts too. I've tried editing the config file to change shader model 3.0 to 1.4 and you can change the sound API also, I've tried DirectSound Hardware instead of OpenAL and xAudio...no luck. Gamesystem_x86.dll crash.

I also tried Call of Juarez: The Cartel...which didn't run at all...crash on startup...which is a little bit weird, beacuse its totally the same engine as Dead Island (which allows you into the menu at least). I've tried switching some DLL files from Dead Island to CoJ:The Cartel, didn't work...I've gotten as far as the splash screen shows up, there is some loading..and it crashed with the error message Failed to Initialize Renderer.

I'll continue to experiment with Chrome Engine 5, maybe I'll try and switch some DLLs from CoJ:Bound in Blood (Chrome Engine 4).

I'll post if something happens. :D:)

l tried just cause 2 and it's not working [url=[url=[url=

It requires dx10 but crashes to sse2.

Are dx10 effects working in games?(vista and 7 uses software dx10 if no dx10 card)

I have one Vista laptop sata drive but just booted it once when i tried ide adapter.

Going to try with that when i have time.(dont know when)

Edited by kazoomsha