Change Mode

Athlon Xp Compatible Games

Jakeofalltrades

About engines.How well Godfather runs?Havent ever played it.

Runs well on max. settings...game is utter crap though compared to GTA series. Bad graphics, bad controls, etc. I played it for like 30mins -> uninstall. :rolleyes:

Since Far Cry came up, anybody tried Far Cry 2? I know it requires SSE2, but is there a way to bypass it (like MW & MW2)?

Another title I would like to play is Colin McRae DiRT...haven't found a way to play it without SSE2 though...

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Far Cry 2 (dunia engine) gives that "FARCRY2.exe Application Error The application failed to initialize properly (0xc000001d). click on OK to terminate the application " .

Avatar,also,Dunia gives same.Just a guess but cause it tries initialize something that .exe isnt necessarily sse2 compiled?

Little disappointment was that DiRT,GRID... didnt work. (and some rpg could work in some day too)

Burnout Paradise is using Renderware.They made some changes to damage system.

Propably it uses sse2 to that...

And hey,NFS Pro Street crashes when damage is set to high.Low worked. Demo didnt keep any settings.So after game restart defaults again.

Anybody know is it sure that sse2 causes that crash?Yes,i had saved log.

Have you played Starship Troopers (reqs 2,0GHz )?It doesnt work on Ati HD cards without tweaking conf.

Edited by kazoomsha

Yeah I would totally play Burnout & GRiD...too bad :mrsgreen:.

I played NfS Pro Street, but it crashed often for me too...not during a race, in the menu. I think it's sse2 related.

Starship Troopers worked for me on highest settings. ATi solution is HERE, I googled it for you. :rolleyes:

Yes,thanks for the link.

Played only Pro Street demo.It crashed always after car selection when it starts loading.(high damage)

Downloaded demo again.Its same besides works (high 1024x1280) much better with this 11.2 driver than 10.6.(also dont have any virus soft now)

So,crashes always and only with high car damage,after car selection opens loading screen and then application error.

Maybe demo allows it going further before error or driver/os thing?

Edited by kazoomsha

Yes,thanks for the link.

Played only demo.It crashed always after car selection when it starts loading.(high damage)

Downloaded demo again.Its same besides works (high 1024x1280) much better with this 11.2 driver than 10.6.(also dont have any virus soft now)

So,crashes always and only with high car damage,after car selection opens loading screen and then application error.

Maybe demo allows it going further before error or driver/os thing?

To be honest, I played Pro-Street @ my friends house & it wasn't that good anyway. SHiFT & SHiFT 2 are 10 times better imo.

If you want to play a very good racing game with great damage model, play the FlatOut series :geezer:.

Just generally thought that demo works different way. Yep,i have Ultimate Carnage.(but one of the best racing game is Screamer 2 :geezer::geezer: ) Another thought was that maybe theres LITTLE chance that some games would start if everything in conf files what might use sse2 is disabled.(or possible add new values) Havent usually looked much not working games confs.(those what gives .exe error and nothing else)

Edited by kazoomsha

Anybody played Harry Potters?

Tried Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows-Part 2 demo and aint working.

In watson log is function "CreateVorbisFilePlugin".So Vorbis is using sse2. (or try different vorbis related DLLs?)

My link EA support min reqs CPU: 2.4.X GHz Single Core / 2.0 GHz Dual Core.

Part 1 works. My link Part 1 min reqs Intel Pentium 4 @ 2.4 GHz, AMD Athlon XP 2500+, or equivalent processors.

Dont know is part 2 full game working but if not they have to patch it cause part 1 works.

Edited by kazoomsha

SHiFT 2 working?

haven't tried it on my old comp. honestly....because i think my vid.card is too slow for it...

shift 1is working according to this thread and if it's the same engine, it might aswell work too...someone should try the demo

• 2 weeks later...

Working demos continues again.

Madballs in...Babo:Invasion
Runespell:Overture
X-Motor Racing v.1.3
Codename:Panzers - Cold War
Lionheart - Kings Crusade
STCC - The Game (race 07 expansion)
Zombie Shooter 2

Darkfall (Trial)
This game have ATI driver problems meaning it hangs to flashing loading screen.Shaders have to set ingame to 1.1 or 2.0.
I used ATI Tray Tools to override pixel shader 1.1 and game started.
Its working on shader 2.0 ingame setting but i still have to win key to desktop couple of times while loading to get it working.

The Next BIG Thing
LIMBO
Machinarium
Europa Universalis 3 (expansions?)
Hearts of Iron 3 (expansions?)
Europa Universalis:Rome

Pirates of Black Cove (if you forget ship missiles its good pirate game) (max settings worked at land perfectly,at sea time to time lag)
(patch 2 notes includes "Ambient Occlusion off by default" so propably that,but i dont have full game.)
Loaded logo screens and then illegal instruction error.
Noticed in watson log that it was caused by lua100.dll so i copied lua90.dll from Trapped Dead demo and renamed it to lua100.dll,works.File http://www.mediafire...frc54ccn8azzyn5
Both games are using Trinigy's Vision engine.
Its also using PhysX 2.8.4.5 and after about hour i got acces violation error which was related to PhysXCore.

Order of War:Challenge
Tropico 4 (official min 2GHz Dual-Core,req 2GHz Quad Core)
Bastion
Gratuitous Space Battles
Supreme Ruler:Cold War
Lost Horizon (one of these steam P4 or 100% compatible)
Pro Evolution Soccer 2012 & Demo2 (PES)
Might and Magic:Clash of Heroes
Cry of the Infected
Crazy Machines 2 (if problems let it install physx)
Infernal
WorldShift

Astro Tripper (xaudio2_7.dll crash so cut it from system32 to somewhere or rename 2_6 to 2_7 and works but no sounds http://forums.steamp...d.php?t=2153494

Devs made update so it doesnt load xact and xaudio but i havent tried.

Cogs
Serious Sam:Double D (for some reason demo didnt install XNA 4.0 but installer is in game folder,not work without it)crazy game
Demigod
X3:Terran Conflict Benchmark
Grotesque Tactics:Evil Heroes (Vision engine,looksworks good and doesnt use PhysX,atleast i didnt find)
Lightfish

Football Manager 2012 (in Steam card reqs:
Nvidia FX 5900 Ultra or greater; ATI Radeon 9800 or greater; Intel 82915G/82910GL or greater.
Earlier cards may require the DirectX 9.0 SDK is installed to run the game.)

The Book of Unwritten Tales
Data Jammers:FastForward
Speedball 2 (new version)
Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures,Episode 1:Fright of the Bumblebees
AI War:Fleet Command
Alpha Polaris

LEGO Harry Potter:Years 5-7 (if problems try Windows 98/Windows ME compatibility) ALL LEGO GAMES SHOULD WORK so far
(had loading freeze or "acces violation" error at the end of intro)

Sideway (if problems try PhysX 9.10.0224,updated also dont know which one fixed) interesting game
(had also "acces violation" when it shows keys)

PT Boats:Knights of the Sea (getting blue screen on high settings and atleast low 800x600 works)
Uses Physx 2.8.1.4 and my installed version 9.11.1107.(try different settings and physx)

WALL-E demo works.
First tried max 1024x1280 and got blue screen error:
STOP: 0x0000008E (0xc000001D,0xE33CFB3C,0xAA3FD884,0x00000000),thats after few seconds gameplay.
Should be illegal instruction again but not sure why bsod.
Its antialiasing.When disabled works and enabled causes bsod.

The Tiny Bang Story

Steel Storm:Burning Retribution.(Its OpenGL game and at first mission got watchdog.sys bsod.Didnt try straight after reboot but first i did now all these (really not bad game)
http://msdn.microsof...v=vs.85%29.aspx ,http://msdn.microsof...y/ff553893.aspx.I set BreakPointDelay to 80000.)

I-Fluid demo.Its physic game using PhysX and Vision engine. (min reqs:Win XP,P IV 1Ghz,512 Mgs Ram,ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 or equilevant.Reqs are "low" but game looks good at high settings and works well too.)

Edited by kazoomsha

Anyone know why Medal of Honor (2010) crashes for me? Same general crash message at startup as with other games that require SSE2.

It should use UE3 which I thought was playable on AthlonXPs (just finished Gears of War btw, meh..was allright).

edit: Okay... I found out the cause of the crash was "nvtt.dll". So I applied the Borderlands fix for it and ...IT WORKS! :banana:

So.. Medal of Honor 2010 is fully playable (single-player), just download THIS and extract it to your "...\Binaries" folder. Nice.:adios:

Edited by dseries

• 2 weeks later...

Cause TW2 got PhysX installer it should use 2.8.3 files.

And if error dont specify any other file then it is just .exe.Dont know,but if it isnt sse2 compiled then it still might be something else.

(but if game makes crash log or watson log or you can debug it,those might include some more info)

Official requirements still are Processor: Intel or AMD Single-Core CPU (2.0 GHz) My link

Edited by kazoomsha

But, nice try. Till the end of the year we'll be probably playing DA2.:)

Heh,some programming skills would be more helpfull.

I noticed in some forums that Alice uses PhysX 2.8.4.4?

If so physics can propably be disabled in config.(or try those 2.8.4.5)

Dont have disc space to try it right now.

If somebody bought it just go to forums.Most likely only problem is physx.

kenyeres - Have you tried it?

Edited by kazoomsha

kenyeres - Have you tried it?

Yes I tried it, but without result. Right now i play another game, therefore i sent Alice straight to hell. I returned into rotten small town called Silent Hill. Regarding Silent Hill - is there way how to play Homecoming?

Back to Crysis 2.Suprisingly it crashes to physics what uses sse2.

Physics can be disabled but it stops everything (or also way it allows player movement) and dont know is it possible before loading map and if is i think it still loads physics module?

My link official tools.Looks like it can be modded.

Mod SDK http://www.crydev.ne...etail.php?id=3.

That other is dev SDK but quickly readed these looks pretty same.Dont know is there some significant difference.

And dont know is this possible to get working without touching .exe and .dll files. (anybody tried do maps?)

Maybe best to ask in some mod forums.

Edited by kazoomsha

Modern Warfare (IW 3.0 engine) and Modern Warfare 2 (IW 4.0 engine) works when mssmp3.asi is renamed to .bak or something.(or use fixed mssmp3 file)Both games are made by Infinity Ward.

World at War (modified IW 3.0) and Black Ops (modified IW 3.0 World at War engine) doesnt work.
These are made by Treyarch and gives just illegal instruction error.They coded IW games different way. (look page 4,6,7)

CoD:Modern Warfare 3 works:("new" Infinity Ward,Sledgehammer Games.MW 3 Engine heavily modified CoD:MW2)
Infinity Ward again but its using IW 5 .0 engine " and improvements have been made to the streaming technology to allow for larger levels without significant cost to performance, as well as upgrades to the lighting and audio systems."

Starsylph - Good idea and maybe best time to ask it from Treyarch.Its using Black Ops II Engine (heavily modified CoD:Black Ops)
http://community.cal...hread/200434842
Its not impossible cause Black Ops is for Wii (what is basically clocked GameCube) and its single core.I mean they know how to do it for single core if just wants.

Edited by kazoomsha

http://enbdev.com/newsarch_en.html

http://enbdev.com/si...ill5patch11.zip

With these fix not only you can play SH Home., but Bioshock 2 as well.

I copied the files from your link to the game directory according the instructions, but some error message appeared anyway. Nevermind. Thank you for your effort.

Does anyone tried Deus Ex: Human Revolution?

Try install official patch and then copy this files where is .exe (if you did not).

Did you set windows 2000 compatibility in shortcut?

Which graphic card you have?

I copied these files into bin folder, where exe is. Only vars_pc.cfg i moved in Engine folder according to the instructions. Where can i download official patch? I can´t find it anywhere. This error message appears when I want run game - 0xc000001d.

My PC: AMD Athlon XP 2800+, 1GB RAM, Geforce 7600GT