Sign in to follow this  
Jakeofalltrades

Athlon Xp Compatible Games

This really looks that when we are totally out then are all single cores (tells something about socket A).But theres now so much gaming platforms and Linux so i believe lower req pc games dont vanish.And then theres still CryEngine2.Just two major games and if we look best graphics it would easily still compete with Frostbite and UE enginea and it look more realistic than Cry3.I dont get this.

ssdd - If you havent report error?

Meant that,just report error to forums if you want.Though almost everybody knows what it means.But i think we still should.Everybody knows that minimum requirements are not real life reqs.Devs dont say anything and people have to solve errors by themselves and after that buy new computer. :filtered:

http://forums.steamp...t=1297356 some older 2010 thread about server SSE2 problems.

Edited by kazoomsha

No - I saw only window with the words "Launcher DLL Failed to load DLL" and enough

Have here friend old Intel laptop and Vista home,Visual Studio 2008 Pro trial.I was checking nvtt and noticed that it doesnt show 3DNOW by default like my AMD laptop.(so thats it about those optimizations,source code doesnt icnlude 3dnow)

I compiled 2.0.8-1 package with 3DNOW and another also with CUDA.CUDA file is much bigger (like propably Borderlands original) and it needed cuda environment path so i installed cuda toolkit.File version still shows 2.0.6.0.All other settings default,minus SSE2.

Athlon is still broken so cant try but i quickly tested on this and Sanctum UDK demo.

http://www.mediafire...emj5p680l015qgt cuda

http://www.mediafire...v3oi8piazt9rk2x nocuda

It also needs zblib1.dll,libpng12.dll and with 2.0.6.0 didnt.

Hmn,it really is atleast VC90,VS have files only for it...have to check more and update everything.(no matter what do,log shows always same and sse2)

But Sanctum loads:

C:WindowsWinSxSx86_microsoft.vc90.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.30729.6161_none_50934f2ebcb7eb57

msvcp90.dll,msvcr90.dll,msvcm90.dll

and

C:WindowsWinSxSx86_microsoft.vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.6195_none_d09154e044272b9amsvcr80.dll

Cut all vc90 files away and copied vc80 files from there and renamed to 90 files.Atleast with this machine demo worked without errors.(checked, win didnt overwrite)

Theres line in nvtt source for sse2 usage but i didnt find instructions.

These should work.Checked with PE Explorer all three non sse2(2.0.4,2.0.6,2.0.8) and all got two sse2 instructions cvttsd2si,movapd.I think movapd is related msvcr90.dll and cvttsd2si is for compression sse2 usage...

If remember right,working Haunted got separate VC80 folder.

Anybody tried Angry Birds Space demo 1GHz req.Its using VC100 files (in game folder) and its OpenGL so might cause problems with ATI cards?

Edited by kazoomsha

WOW!

This is just great,exactly what i was looking for!

Very helpfull those lists and tips,thanks!

I did try Tron Evolution,though installing the nvtll.dll didn't help,actually there is already 1 in the game folder present,and copying it to system32 didn't solve it,can anyone please help me out?

Thanks for this great topic!

Thanks,got it up and running,to be precise you need to download the nvtll.dll version WITHOUT sse!

Did anyone get il-2 COD running???

Or Apache Air Assault?

Edited by rookie49

Yep ,did try,Wings of Prey runs but Apache AA doesn't?

Edited by rookie49

this thread really has me curious...why game on decade old processors? is it a hobby or just due to being unable to upgrade?

Eh,short answer,besides this thread.Im old school gamer so no necessarily need for frames or graphics,just good game and this came more hobby than i expected.But this is just interesting and funny.And yeah wouldnt have afford to buy new gaming pc now,actually wouldnt even get it now.Wait a little and see what happens if wants to play next gen games max.

Another point of view->Dreamcast gets couple of new games at this year.Dont have it, so just for gaming it could be one choice

Quantum Conundrum (UT3 engine, phisX)

I'll be honest with you guys, i download skidrow release of this game. First time game did not work (crash). So i apply Borderlands nvtt.dll no-sse2 fix (nvtt.dll, zlib1.dll, libpng.dll). Now work only menu, cutscene and loading screen ("Loading dimensions...") then i get:

OR crash

"AppName: trygame-win32-shipping.exe AppVer: 1.0.8623.0 ModName: trygame-win32-shipping.exe

ModVer: 1.0.8623.0 Offset: 0095e9bb"

OR error

"Fatal error!

Address = 0xd5e9bb (filename not found) [in C:Program FilesSQUARE ENIXQuantum ConundrumBinariesWin32TryGame-Win32-Shipping.exe]

Address = 0xb833fd (filename not found) [in C:Program FilesSQUARE ENIXQuantum ConundrumBinariesWin32TryGame-Win32-Shipping.exe]"

Anyone tested original version of Quantum Conundrum??

/sorry for my english

In the name of testing try reinstall or try different version.Do you have service pack 1 installed cause minimum is win 7 SP1 and min RAM 2Gigs?To what its using mem?Is whole game running in RAM?

If it really doesnt work some more info would be good but looks that its using Wwise for sounds and Enlighten for lighting.

Edited by kazoomsha

Anyone tested DarkSiders ? I have and maybe tested in summer :)

Would definitely like to know whether or not Darksiders works, the system requirements don't seem that bad but you never can tell nowadays.

Also, Nation Red no longer works anymore thanks to the newest PhysX drivers requiring SSE2... this seems to be affecting a lot of UE3 games now as well.

Edited by Deakul

Starsylph - on first 6 pages I not read that Darksiders not running ...

I'll try full release for weekend

I've tried full release at the moment. Chapter 1 is working good, but in Chapter 2 my screen changed into rainbow. It makes the game unplayable.

Drivers/bug?

And hey.Wrimer (havent posted to thread) asked sometimes ago this about Mass Effect 2 "When i click a galaxy map on Normandia (new game) game crash and i see only black screen and xbox 360 buttons?"

He fixed it by downloading save file.Uninstall propably didnt delete save folder and if its read-only try uncheck it in file properties.

Dont know can save files cause that but maybe if config files have some similar problems?

Edited by kazoomsha

Blur running ? :)

Afraid not?But not tested.

Hows Max Payne 3?

Edited by kazoomsha

PayDay The Heist - work (it's really great game! )

Quantum Conundrum - This does not work - when loading, 2 message appears with an error to Win32TryGame-Win32-Shipping.exe and ntdll.dll

Edited by ssdd

Is it also crashing after menu like infernoth wrote?Do you have windows .dmp write enabled?Check it if you have.

Error after menu, in loading (loading early appeared a gray screen, then pressed after 5 minutes of ctrl + alt + del and there were two errors). No i don't have windows .dmp sorry