Sign in to follow this  
sniktaw

After Pc Matic Installed Cannot Open Ie (Internet Explorer)

Hi,

After I installed PC Matic when my computer boots (or when I try to open the program) Internet Explorer will not load and gives an error message...

Help and a fix would be appreciated...

UPDATE: I checked the Add/Remove programs under Control Panel and IE7 appears however to the right there is no additional information or the option to "Change/Remove".... it appears that IE7 may not be on my computer anymore?!?

sniktaw (Scott)

Edited by sniktaw

:wp:

What does the error message say? To verify if the problem is a result of a PC Matic fix, you can roll back back the changes. To undo the changes PC Matic made to the computer, open the program again then click the 'Options' icon, and the 'restore settings' tab. Select a date, then click on the 'Restore' button to run the program again to undo the changes. Once the restore completes, reboot the computer. Repeat the process for all available dates. If that fails to correct any issue, you can also go to Start>Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Restore and select a restore date from before PC Matic was installed.

To check for IE7, go to C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer and click on IEXPLORE.exe.

Please open a ticket at our help desk so that we can get some more information.

You can open a ticket from here:

http://www.pcpitstop.com/store/service.asp

Thxs for the quick reply....

While I was waiting I did a little bit of further messing around.

First off I do not want to roll back.... I had a virus (AV Security Suite) which is the reason I bought PC Matic...

I could not remove IE7 (in the Change/Remove programs there was not off to the right a button that said Change/Remove...

I did go and (supposedly succesfull) download and install IE8.... I cannot find IE8 in the "Programs" under the Start Menu>Programs... I can find it when I open up Windows Explorer..... so many files, if you want me to try and open it up via that way let me know exactly what folder/file I should hit....

No error message now, when I reboot it is just fine.....

I can use Firefox, just would like to be able to open IE....

btw I opened a ticket: CUL-318370

quote name='IntelGuy' date='03 July 2010 - 11:22 AM' timestamp='1278174129' post='1689431']

:wp:

What does the error message say? To verify if the problem is a result of a PC Matic fix, you can roll back back the changes. To undo the changes PC Matic made to the computer, open the program again then click the 'Options' icon, and the 'restore settings' tab. Select a date, then click on the 'Restore' button to run the program again to undo the changes. Once the restore completes, reboot the computer. Repeat the process for all available dates. If that fails to correct any issue, you can also go to Start>Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Restore and select a restore date from before PC Matic was installed.

To check for IE7, go to C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer and click on IEXPLORE.exe.

Please open a ticket at our help desk so that we can get some more information.

You can open a ticket from here:

http://www.pcpitstop...ore/service.asp

Edited by sniktaw

You should be able to go to C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer and click on IEXPLORE.EXE to launch the program. You can also right-click on that file name and select Create Shortcut (or 'send to desktop' depending on the version of Windows) and create a shortcut to launch IE8 fron the desktop. It can also be added to the start menu.