Sign in to follow this  
XillianIX

Building My First Pc At The Very Moment. Confused Already.

Hi,

I know I kept asking about parts and what not, but now I finally took the plunge to my own build!!!! Yay!!!

I put the processor in and now it's the heatsink turn. Now here's a confusing aspect. I have no idea what the current orientation is. Sounds stupid but it can go all four ways. I want the air to go out the back but dunno which way this goes.

This is the heatsink fan:

http://www.tuniq.com.tw/Cooler_Info/Tower-120-Extreme-Rev1.htm#03

The blue lighted up area is where the fan pushes air. So, it has an arrow like design. Do I aim up or down? I'm pretty sure up. Just want to make sure before I apply the termal paste and it ends up wrong.

I'm pretty sure it's up cause that is where the wire is, and according to the MOBO up is where the CPUFAN is so up must be it right?

I'm worried I'll put it in wrong.

The processor waiting is this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115215

do I add a dot of thermal and allow the heatsink termal to spread it.

put a line of thermal horizontal.

Vertical

or just a dot and smear 90% with a buisness card?

No real right or wrong way, but aim down on the fan. You want air blowing onto it. Then if you can have the fan blowing thru the heatsink and to the rear exhaust fan on the case.

And try this for the thermal paste. it makes it easier lol

http://www.theraptorpit.com/forum/index.php?/topic/1579-how-to-apply-thermal-compound/

Can you plug it into a fan header on a working PC to figure out the direction of airflow?

Took a lot of googling but if you orient it pointing up, it goes from right to left. The case i have has an exhaust fan on the top, so I change the orientation from front to back to bottom to top. It would block my ram slots, but I already put in 8gb so I should be fine. I mean i can go to 16gb but that's overkill.

i am confused about the wiring? I dunno how to plug this in all together put the parts are fine it's the wiring i'm now lost at.

The case has these wires and I dunno where they go:

-usb

-+5 D- D+ Ground

-Power SW

-Reset SW

-HD Audio

-AC97

-PowerLED

-HDD LED

I also have two cd roms: HD DVD/ DVD-RW and a reg. DVD/ DVD RW that I dunno how to install.

The psu fan set but it has three holes and I dunno if it should go to the cpu fan because it has four pins?????

Here is the mobo layout:

http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv188/KB2123/P6160835.jpg

Thevideo card is all set.

This is what I have so far:

http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv188/KB2123/P6160836.jpg

there's also a question of how I power up those fans.

It has two exhaust fan, three if you count the psu. Would you recommend an intake fan? Yes right?

You know I got real annoyed. I was screwing in the hd and then I unscrew it to reposition it on a lower bay and the screw snap on me! So, part of the screw is stuck on the slot on the hdd.

I turned off flash when i took the picture. If I left flash on, how would that damage the computer?

I think I'm almost there. Thanks.

Edited by Y kawika

thanks for replying, sorry the photo is on the side. dunno how to fix it once on photobucket.

MSI P55-GD55 LGA 1156 Intel P55 ATX Intel Motherboard

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130248

This is the parts list:

MSI P55-GD55 LGA 1156 Intel P55 ATX Intel Motherboard

Item #: N82E16813130248

Standard Return Policy

$129.99

. 1

XFX HD-585X-ZNFC Radeon HD 5850 1GB 256-bit DDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card w/ Eyefinity

Item #: N82E16814150494

VGA Standard Return Policy

$279.99

. 1

EVERCOOL HD-F117 Aluminum HDD Cooling Device

Item #: N82E16835119063

Standard Return Policy

$6.99

. 1

Western Digital Caviar Black WD1501FASS 1.5TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

Item #: N82E16822136592

Standard Return Policy

$109.99

. 1

CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power ...

Item #: N82E16817139006

Standard Return Policy

$109.99

. 1

Antec Six Hundred Black / Silver ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

Item #: N82E16811129073

Standard Return Policy

$87.95

. 1

Intel Core i5-750 Lynnfield 2.66GHz LGA 1156 95W Quad-Core Processor Model BX80605I5750

Item #: N82E16819115215

CPU Replacement Only Return Policy

$199.99

. 1

AFT XM-35U BLACK USB 2.0 Kiosk Card Reader (3.5")

Item #: N82E16820176016

Standard Return Policy

$34.99

. 2

CORSAIR XMS3 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMX4GX3M2A1600C9

Item #: N82E16820145260

Memory Standard Return Policy

$219.98

($109.99 ea)

. 1

Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound - OEM

Item #: N82E16835100007

Consumable Item Refund Only Return Policy

$9.99

. 1

Tuniq Tower 120 Extreme Universal CPU Cooler 120mm Magnetic Fluid Dynamic LED Fan and Fan Controller/Heatsink Rev.1 with ...

Item #: N82E16835154011

Standard Return Policy

$62.99

I turned off flash when i took the picture. If I left flash on, how would that damage the computer?

Camera's flash light doesnt damage the computer. Its just bright light, nothing else. :D

Hi,

This is the mobo:

Posted Image

Over Here is some intel on the pins:

Posted Image

Posted Image

found the pin info paper at the bottom of the box:

Posted Image

This is the image of the two other pins:

Posted Image

I stuck the USB one to JUSB2. Is that right? The GROUND is on the left, JUSB1.

I set the Jumpers for the dual drive like this, labelled it to make it easier to see:

Posted Image

Once I replace this ribbon cable for a longer one, this is how the drives would connect to MOBO:

Posted Image

Dunno how to connect the rest of the optical drives after the ribbon cable,

Posted Image

This is for the card reader. Five wires in each of the two plugs, they look alot like the USB and Ground case wires:

Posted Image

For the PSU these are the wires to work from:

Posted Image

One of those cables look like this: the end goes somewhere on the MOBO.

Posted Image

Five fans (2 intake, 3 exhaust) that has wires leading to this type of connector:

Posted Image

Right now, I was hoping that someone can confirm the wires that are in are correct, and where to put the other two. Same with the card reader. After installing the ribbon cable, I dunno how to hook up the optical drives. Same with the hdd and all 5 fans. I think that's all I need help with hardware wise. :) Thanks!

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by XillianIX

Added the esata cable to HDD. they labelled the esata on the MOBO as:

5-6 3-4 1-2

esata esata esata

esata esata esata

I put it in the italiced one. The power cable is weird, it has duplicate plugs along the wire like in the picture, which one do I use and does that have to be attached to the MOBO? I don't think so, but theirs several in one wire.

It doesn't matter which power connector you use, either one of the two power connectors will work just fine.

However from the pictures you posted you have the slave and master for your CD drives backwards.

The master goes at to the end connector of the ribbon cable and the slave on the second connector.

Edited by Bruce