Sign in to follow this  
JackeL

Ubuntu 10.04 LTS (Lucid Lynx)

Hi.

Thank for the information, I have just been back to the Ubuntu . com site and it is the default 32 bit version I've downloaded.

Regards

El Tel

PS

Fingers x'd

The good thing w/ IMGBurn is that it'll tell you if you've selected the wrong burn type for the file/media/format you're trying to burn.

Edited by Tx Redneck

Hi

New copy using ImageBurn.

Top left hand corner 8042809F No Icons this time.

I thought shish kebab, I forgot to switch it off and start with a clean machine, I mean the old PC. I turned the laptop off as a matter of course; just in case before I installed ImagesBurn.

1st time New Boot same error code

2nd time Boot from ATAPI CD-ROM :

ISOLINUX 3.63 Debian-2008-07-15 copyright © 1994-2008 H. Peter Anvin

isolinux: Disk error 80, AX = 4280, drive 9F

Boot failed: press a key to retry...

Which is what is on the screen right now. Posted Image ...

Does this PC feel lucky & I press any key or do I just throw it out the window, PC remember I live on the 23rd floor Posted ImagePosted Image

So it looks like this second burn copy is also naff, up the duff or just plain no good. Posted Image Don't no why I'm Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image deep down I'm Posted Image

Looks like I will have to wait for one to come through good old snail mail or find somebody HINT who live in or near to Long Eaton Nottingham UK who could do it for me. That's burn me a copy.

Regards

El Tel

PS

PC's R like cars GR8 when they work, but a bag of sh%$ when they don't Posted Image

Out of curiosity I'm thinking on my backside here, probably not a good idea; but if I try these suspect CD's in this Laptop that is not mine, would it wipe out Vista OS? is it worth a try. Please advise me wisely, I can't afford to buy a new Laptop.

They both come up with as in the image below...

Posted Image

They say run wubi exe

if you choose to click on "wubi"...you will install ubuntu within windows on that laptop. if its not yours, i would not try it.

you can however test that disc (without installing anything) by placing in the drive and booting from it. the laptop will need to boot from cd drive before the hard drive.

that is what i was trying to get you to try with the first disc....would have saved you the trouble of reburning a new disc.

Looks like I will have to wait for one to come through good old snail mail or find somebody HINT who live in or near to Long Eaton Nottingham UK who could do it for me. That's burn me a copy.

Regards

El Tel

terry1966 lives in England, and would likely burn a disk for you.

Hi

I'm I was not brave enough to try that then Posted Image

I've just tried the CD in and Re-Booted, but it went straight to Windows.

Disc out Re-Booted I pressed F2 which said set up, once there it looked like it was in the BIOS set; I scrolled across to BOOT tab and this is what is there.

Boot priority order

1. IDEO: ST9500325AS

2. IDE2:

3. IDE1: TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-L633C

4. USB FDD:

5. Network Boot: Artheros Boot Agent

6. USB HDD:

7 USB CDROM

arrow keys to select / highlight

F5/F6 = Change Values

F9 Setup Default

I didn't make any changes, I exit without change & it Re-Booted from there as normal.., Woo Hoo I'm back

Hi

If his profile is correct it will only take me three Posted Image days to walk there and back... Posted ImagePosted Image

Edit This post has been edited by El Tel: Yesterday, 11:06 PM

PS

One last thing I'm going to try before bed... Re-Install that old Ubuntu thats works, but not up-date it; just close it down after install; just in case the Up-Dated version crash is blocking anything Posted Image , I know I might be clutching a straws Posted Image

Posted Image for now.

Edit This morning

PS

Had a Blond moment last night, switched this laptop off and pulled the plug. Forget my old PC was running. Posted Image

So I had to start again with the Install Posted Image

Edited by El Tel

Hi

This post was made on my Old PC with the old copy of Ubuntu 6 06 To me it seems to be OK apart from my burning problem & the lack of it Up-Dating.

I have E-Mail a friend who lives within a days walk there & back Posted Image small price to pay Posted Image

Hopefully I will have a copy CD that will work.

Thanks for all your Posted Image so far.

You all are a GR8 bunch of people, and your Posted Image has been very much appreciated.

Long Live Pc Pit Stop Posted ImagePosted Image

Regards El Tel

Edit

PS

I just had to check Spelling on this Lap Top Posted Image

PS

Edit

Forgot to put this image in, that wouldn't seem to work on the Old PC I took the screen shot, but it didn't seem to work from PhotoBucket to here.

Posted Image

Edited by El Tel

i don't mind burning you a dvd/cd iso and sending it to you, just pm me if you still need/want one. :tup:

:b33r:

Edited by terry1966