Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

romoshka

can't get laptop pc to load IE or mozilla

Hi to all the tech gurus from a real tech idiot - several years ago I subscribed to pcpitstop and they had a service that allowed an online tech to "talk" me through my problem solution - it seems that this option is no longer available

I now have a laptop that refuses to behave I can get it to boot but can not get it to load anything thereafter so I can not even run any of the scans offered here. I gave teh machine to my IT guy at work and after a week he returned it no better than when I gave it to him

it is a 4 or 5 year old vista machine that was working well until recently when it began to falter

is there some sort of equivalent service where I can get online help? is there a fee for service online (or someone) that can sort this out for me?

:wp:

We are currently searching for a reliable fee-for-service partner, so I don't have a recommnedation to make.

Vista repair install:

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/88236-re...tall-vista.html

Well after this posting I was poking around the pcpitstop site and was offered an option to renew my old service (apparently because I was an old customer of the service) so I sent my 99 dead presidents via AMEX but cant seem to figure out how to access the service now - I will have to use the initial phone service as I can not get a browser to load but where is the chat option hidden - I would be willing to chat form this machine and while addressing the other errant machine

The only thing that I know of that we have left is a link to access our former partner. The link is there as a convenience for existing customers, not as an endorsement.

If you have questions about how the service works you will need to contact the provider directly.