Change Mode

Virus wont allow Task Manager to Open

I checked into a hotel and got the wireless internet. Almost immediately I got messages from Antimalware Doctor that Iam infected. I know this is the virus but want to stop it. It seems as though there is an endless loop where I cannot open Firefox either. I tried to open Task Manager or to look at the Hidden Files but both options seem to be blocked. I find Packed.Mystic!gen3 is found by Symantec Endpoint which it says is quarantined. How can I get rid of this bug?

Try rebootin into Safe Mode with networking then try this.

Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware to your desktop.

• Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
  • At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
  • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
  • Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When completed, a log will open in Notepad. Please save it to a convenient location and post the results.

Here are the results of the scan.

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.45

www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: 4021

Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3

Internet Explorer 7.0.5730.13

4/22/2010 8:38:59 AM

mbam-log-2010-04-22 (08-38-59).txt

Scan type: Quick scan

Objects scanned: 113818

Time elapsed: 8 minute(s), 41 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 1

Memory Modules Infected: 1

Registry Keys Infected: 8

Registry Values Infected: 2

Registry Data Items Infected: 3

Folders Infected: 0

Files Infected: 7

Memory Processes Infected:

C:\Documents and Settings\MYNAME\Local Settings\Application Data\vma.exe (Rogue.MultipleAV) -> Unloaded process successfully.

Memory Modules Infected:

c:\WINDOWS\system32\6to4v32.dll (Backdoor.Bot) -> Delete on reboot.

Registry Keys Infected:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\6to4 (Backdoor.Bot) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{98279c38-de4b-4bcf-93c9-8ec26069d6f4} (Adware.SelectRebates) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PRAGMA (Rootkit.TDSS) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\avsuite (Rogue.AntivirusSuite) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\YVIBBBHA8C (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Handle (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\B1RQJ7YJ0U (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\QZAIB7KITK (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\WebBrowser\{98279c38-de4b-4bcf-93c9-8ec26069d6f4} (Adware.SelectRebates) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\winid (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Data Items Infected:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\NameServer (Trojan.DNSChanger) -> Data: 93.188.162.185,93.188.161.153 -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\{252e4288-fd55-4506-a456-9208c6be7cc8}\NameServer (Trojan.DNSChanger) -> Data: 93.188.162.185,93.188.161.153 -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\{c6bef952-dc8f-4435-8004-795aa3183414}\NameServer (Trojan.DNSChanger) -> Data: 93.188.162.185,93.188.161.153 -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Folders Infected:

(No malicious items detected)

Files Infected:

c:\WINDOWS\system32\6to4v32.dll (Backdoor.Bot) -> Delete on reboot.

C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\ws2_32.dll (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

C:\WINDOWS\system32\scsichk.sys (Rootkit.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

C:\WINDOWS\Jpadia.exe (Trojan.CodecPack) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Favorites\_favdata.dat (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

C:\Documents and Settings\MYNAME\Local Settings\Application Data\vma.exe (Rogue.MultipleAV) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

C:\WINDOWS\system32\certstore.dat (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Edited by kensob

Hello kensob

You had some very nasty stuff on your machine (Backdoors and Rootkits). It may be the case that there are still a few things that need to be taken care of.

If I were you I would create a thread in the HJT forum and ask the good people there to check your system:

http://forums.pcpitstop.com/index.php?showforum=25

Include a link to this thread or alternatively post the MBAM log in the new thread.

Then wait for a Trusted HJT Advisor to get in touch. They will ask you to perform some system scans and then advise you if anything else needs to be done.

JonTom