Change Mode

EVGA GTX 480 Hydro Copper FTW

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like this Alienware 120hz monitor better then the Acer I listed (ugly color scheme), but not sure I like it a $100 more. :unsure:

Posted Image

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/product...mp;sku=320-8846

You're payin for a re-badged DELL w/ that one. Dell owns Alienware.

Look through these reviews. http://www.maximumpc.com/articles/reviews/hardware/monitors

Hot hot hot!

He was running Design Garage which runs to gpu(s) at almost 100% the whole time while rendering the image. That isn't gaming nor did he adjust the fan speed. Design Garage is harder on the gpu(s) then benchmarking.

3 way SLi running Vantage with the cards oc'ed to 800Mhz. Only the middle card reaches 81c, the other stay in the 70's c.

Posted Image

http://www.youtube.com/user/trubritar#p/u/3/RSOJucZwe7I

hot hot hot:- http://www.hardocp.com/article/2010/03/31/...eratures_sound/

The GTX 480 is hot. I know many enthusiasts are not going to be satisfied with a video card that idles at 73C (and even hotter in most SLI setups) and runs 93C under pretty much any kind of load. There have to be long term implications to this and I would just suggest that you buy from a board builder that has a rock solid warranty and a reputation for great customer service if Fermi is for you. These cards are hot and can very much raise the temperature in the room you are using your setup in. Maybe NVIDIA can bundle a coupon for a new ceiling fan?

The GTX 480 is loud. The fans however do not become annoying unless they are spun up to very high RPM levels. Even SLI, while you can certainly hear it, is not distracting once you get used to it. Single card noise is manageable if you have a lower ambient temperature to start with and have good chassis airflow. No doubt this is one of the reasons we are seeing a "Fermi Certified" chassis from Thermaltake. If you have good airflow in your chassis, the sound is not annoying high pitched or bothersome. However If you are a person that cherishes silence, the GTX 480 is not for you

you can't disagree it's a hot running card, but like everything, depends on ambient,air flow, etc,etc..

be nice to see what yours does when it arrives. :tup:

:b33r:

Hardocp isn't worth the bandwidth used to download their overly ATi biased reviews.

Did you watch the video I posted? Of course you didn't or you would not be posting what you posted.

yes i did watch it kram and it proved nothing no ambient temps no idea even if it was in a case or on a bench.

there's no disagreeing tho it's a hot running card there's just to much info out there to back it up. :lol:

believe what you want tho, you'll find out either way when you get one. ;)

still be interested in your own experiences with it, along with some numbers. :tup:

and if you never took everyone's post who disagrees with you as a personal insult, i think you'd be much happier. :P

:lol:

:b33r:

Did you happen to notice the update to the review?

GTX 480 Single Card - (Update 04/02/2010) I wanted to be clear on the fact that we used a DUAL DISPLAY setup while doing the above testing. With a single display attached, the idle temperature is reduced on the GTX 480 single card. We saw completely idle temperatures on an OPEN bench with 73F ambient temperature at 45C.

The video proves nothing. :tup:

You cannot deny that this card runs hotter than all that came before it. It's a fast and powerful card; but it's also HOT! :lol:

I wont disagree it does have higher temps, but the temps are within specs.

Take an C2Q Vs i7 920 Vs i7 980X. Each one runs hotter then the other, but within specs depending on your case air flow. IG says his VapoChill has a hard time keeping the 980X as cool with 5Ghz oc.

Power consumption is big with these cards, hence the heat generated, but still within specs.

I mean you gotta love it when a single gpu solution lays the spank down on a dual gpu solution.

EVGA GTX 480 SC Vs HD 5970 OC in Heaven

http://www.youtube.com/user/trubritar#p/u/1/aQa97-ApWvc :tup:

I wont disagree it does have higher temps, but the temps are within specs.

Take an C2Q Vs i7 920 Vs i7 980X. Each one runs hotter then the other, but within specs depending on your case air flow. IG says his VapoChill has a hard time keeping the 980X as cool with 5Ghz oc.

Power consumption is big with these cards, hence the heat generated, but still within specs.

I mean you gotta love it when a single gpu solution lays the spank down on a dual gpu solution.

EVGA GTX 480 SC Vs HD 5970 OC in Heaven

http://www.youtube.com/user/trubritar#p/u/1/aQa97-ApWvc :tup:

OOOH!! One benchmark that means NOTHING in real world gaming :blink:

OOOH!! One benchmark that means NOTHING in real world gaming :blink:

Dear god.

You guys settle down.

I'm going to sum it up here.

-Both high end cards from both ATI and Nvidia can play all the newest games on the best settings.

-It's a sure bet going either way.

-Newer generations of hardware run hotter.

-Their specs are designed to take the heat.

-Kram is using H2O...(wth we talking about heat problems for)

-If you can afford 3 480GTX's in your system, you can afford to find a way to cool the middle card.

Can't find any of the buggers in stock at normal price and I refuse on principle to shell out £96 over the normal price for one. Retailers are really milking the consumers as the cards are so scarce.

Oh! Come on, pay the extra dough.

How are they going to afford to replace them when they go POOF!

Can't wait to see some real time benches.

Wonder if it will make a difference playing BF2?

:huh: