new phone what to get

if you wanted a gig, you should have bought the nexus one. but if you could get it that fast, it'd chew through your battery, generate alot of heat, and probably reduce life span a lot.

task killers wind up not working because you're closing programs you may need and they'll leave cache full.

and is it just me, or would you be more willing to pay a small fee for OOo on android?! lol, i would LOVE it. but alas, no one has ported it to java for android yet /sigh

well when i leave for work its at 100% i work 9 hour days and i do some heavy texting and for a straight hour im playing games/surfing the web/texting/calling and by the time i get home its at about 55% also set the battery to smart mode and turned google sync off

• 2 weeks later...

wdey I wouldnt care for 2.1 if I were you.

Its been delayed since March. Us HTC Hero users have been waiting says for that. 2.2 comes out by September. Googles going fast, but it sure is doing work unlike its best fwiend apple.

ANYTHING will be better than the stock 1.5

half the apps int he store won't even work on the backflip because the os version.

plus 2.1 fixes a bunch of issues, including the battery, and enables multi touch zoom and interactions. also allows google nav so you're not stuck w/ the att nav.

google is also getting ready to slow down dev on android and work more on releasing content that will help platform devs get everything closer to the same os.

also, being att first android phone, we really don't know the release schedule. verizon has had some hickups, but it's rolling now.

but being that there is no root in site yet, 2.1 is about the best possible thing that could happen.

• 1 month later...

I just shelled out £445 for a Samsung i9000 Galaxy S. First thing I do when I get it is root it and then install Modaco ROM. I'm sure I'll have Froyo on it before it's released by Samsung as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Galaxy s is a phone like no other. That CPU in there is faster then those in the Evo and the Droid x. Its like this. The galaxy S is like our 3D GPU cards of today, and the Evo and DX are the 2D performance we relied on in the pit tests back in the dayys.

Well I didn't install Modaco ROM, Instead I flashed to the JG5 firmware and rooted it. Very satisfied. Screen is so vivid, phone is super responsive, phone calls are very clear and I haven't had any of the lag issues some people are reporting. I'm super happy.

• 3 months later...