not pointing out falst data, just that you refer to gpu sales, and then go on to say this isn't about gpu units at all

get me all confused.

That would be why I didn't say Intratech was wrong in his reply, just wrong in his tantrum of insulting me. Read my reply, I clearly stated it was about discrete gpu sales and then further backed up my post with exact numbers from other sources.

kram, a page back at the top, you reference an article and a quote directly talking about desktop GPU sales, not discrete graphics cards...... so....

do we have a new brandon?

Cut me some slack man. Since I'm broke now, I can't afford either card, so who has the best performance doesn't matter. :P

Plus, I even admitted that the GTX480 performs better than the 5870, like I expected it to. :P

Edited by brandon

Cut me some slack man. Since I'm broke now, I can't afford either card, so who has the best performance doesn't matter. :P

Plus, I even admitted that the GTX480 performs better than the 5870, like I expected it to. :P

Not only is the GTX480 better in performances then the 5870 but it beats it's butt in nearly all the benchmarks I've seen and even the GTX470 managed to get ahead in a few.

I also find it funny how some ppl but it against the 5970 and then say how faster the 5970 is.

Well ofcourse it's gonna be faster because it's a dual GPU unlike the GTX480 which is a single.

I would like to see how much the ATI fanboys will cheer when it's put up against SLI GTX480 considering that benchmarks are shwoing nearly 100% scaling with SLI now.

Not only is the GTX480 better in performances then the 5870 but it beats it's butt in nearly all the benchmarks I've seen and even the GTX470 managed to get ahead in a few.

I also find it funny how some ppl but it against the 5970 and then say how faster the 5970 is.

Well ofcourse it's gonna be faster because it's a dual GPU unlike the GTX480 which is a single.

I would like to see how much the ATI fanboys will cheer when it's put up against SLI GTX480 considering that benchmarks are shwoing nearly 100% scaling with SLI now.

And when the 5870 was released, & the GTX295 outperformed it, what would you have said then? The road goes both ways.

Crossfire, and SLI both scale very well now. They are both very mature platforms.

Both the 5870, and 480 didn't deliver on the hype. I expected the 5870 to perform at least twice as much as a 4890, and I expected the 480 to blow the 5870 out of the water. Neither happened. I'm happy with my 4870, and I wouldn't turn down a free GTX series card.

Edited by brandon

And when the 5870 was released, & the GTX295 outperformed it, what would you have said then? The road goes both ways.

Crossfire, and SLI both scale very well now. They are both very mature platforms.

Both the 5870, and 480 didn't deliver on the hype. I expected the 5870 to perform at least twice as much as a 4890, and I expected the 480 to blow the 5870 out of the water. Neither happened. I'm happy with my 4870, and I wouldn't turn down a free GTX series card.

I would had said it's new tech and should be faster then old

The GTX295 is last gen and the 5870 is new/current gen so yeah you would except it to be faster in some if not all areas.

Now both the GTX480 and 5970 are the new current gen and comparison of a single and dual GPU is stupid to me

i think i stay with my cold running 5870:) that's the last thing i need is a 90+ device in my system lol

tho im sure it will be a beast under water:)

still would love to water my 5870:)

oh and ati eyefinity with 1 single card is what closed the deal for me on ati:)

with the 480 from what that says on the net it needs 2 cards.... so that's 1000$ right there plus you need too buy 3 monitors if you don't have them lol that's if you like that idea which im planing on doing 3 monitors with my 5870 later on :)

just gonna need too buy 2 more of my hanns 28ins.... lol

Edited by gordesky1