So I bought another Gigabyte mobo

Well, now I've lost everything.....trying one stick at a time.....tried this and am thinking I found a weak/bad stick. I pushed the QPI to 1.48v and it was running the other 2 sticks one at a time. But now even with the other 2 sticks one at a time it won't boot at all, almost makes Windows and BSOD.....

I slapped in my DDR3 1600 which has been faithful and same thing. Won't boot at all....

Cleared CMOS, and loaded Optimized Defaults in BIOS, reset RAID config. and no boot with either set of RAM......

AAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaauuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

:pullhair::pullhair::pullhair::pullhair::pullhair:

:geezer:

Edited by caintry_boy

Dang caintry that doesn't sound good. My next move would be pull the battery out for 24 hours and pray to the mobo gods ... :h3lp: ... hope it works out for you.

A little late here I know but it sounds like the board did not like all that QPI/VTT voltage with only one stick of memory.

:(

wish i'd kept my mouth shut now, or said to use auto for qpi when testing each stick.

sorry caintry, just hope it's not the cpu that's kaput(more likely than the motherboard in my opinion after the ram). :(

:b33r:

• 3 weeks later...

Soon find out if it's the mobo, RAM, or CPU. I RMA'd this board back to Newegg, and my replacement should be delivered today (shipped yesterday). Hoping it's not the CPU.......cb crosses fingers Posted Image

:geezer: