Change Mode

NVIDIA 196.75 drivers can kill your graphics card

I have two HD 5870 from different manufacturers and have had zero problems. I'm starting to think those errors are all ID ten T errors.

90% of the driver problem on both ATI and Nvidia are people that just dont have a clue how to set them up for gaming.One setting doesnt work for all games.

Ati has its problems with Crossfire,Eyefinity Bezel Compensation and on the latest games but not causing your video card to heat up and shut your system down.That is a complete FAIL on Nvidias part.

The DUST BUSTER :rofl2:

Edited by OneCool

I have two HD 5870 from different manufacturers and have had zero problems. I'm starting to think those errors are all ID ten T errors.

My new Diamond hd 5970 ... http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16814103088 ... crashes on 2d. Found out it is because the pre-set 2d clock is too low (157mhz) ... http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm...threadid=122942. After boot up, crashes on 2d every minute or so. Ran through the instructions to set the default 2d clock higher (300 mhz) in a profile and no problems at all. Makes you wonder how much they test these products ... drivers ... bios's ... before they release them.

I cant beleive KRAM installed these drivers and fried his 295 and then CLAIMED he sold it.

That is WAY to funny :rofl2:

:rofl2:

My GTX 295 was water cooled. ;)

:rofl2:

Taking a little longer then I thought, but will post as I get some stuff done.

GTX 295 with cooling cover removed

Posted Image

Posted Image

gpu heat sinks removed

Posted Image

Koolance water block mounted to card

Posted Image

Motherboard chipset and cpu water blocks next

Edited by KRAM