Sign in to follow this  
bauer24

Computer Not Booting After Sleep Mode

Hi,

I currently have a genuine 64bit version of Windows 7, it's installed on my brand new PC with an Intel Q9550, ATI XFX 4890 graphics card, 4gb RAM. The PC is connected to my BenQ monitor with a DVI output. Earlier today i accidentally put my computer into sleep mode, my brother not knowing it was on sleep mode, turned the PC on/off from the mains and noticed it was not booting fully.

The computer powers on, there is no "beep" and i get a message on the monitor saying no signal detected . The mouse and keyboard are not working during boot up. I have tried resetting and shutting down, but the problem remains. I hope i don't have to format as i have not backed up the data for some time.

Thank You.

Something else is going on putting the computer in sleep mode should not cause any of the problems you describe.

Try unplugging monitor, mouse, keyboard boot up wait then shut down

and plug everything back in

Bear

Tried unplugging everything including the router, cable modem and speakers, still the same problem. Forgot to add when i switch the PC on, it automatically shutdowns, and powers on with a blank screen saying signal not detected

Well it's my brothers PC and he does not want to remove the graphics card as it would void the warranty. I've been told from the company that built the PC, to move the jumpers on the motherboard

Ok, i've finally got it working, the computer now boots normally into windows 7. I moved the jumpers and battery from the motherboard, thanks so much for helping me out :)

Glad you got it fixed :clap::clap:

Thanks for letting us know and saying thank

Bear