Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Juliet

Restart Issues After Installing MS10-015

FYI...

MSRC - Update - Restart Issues After Installing MS10-015

- http://blogs.technet.com/msrc/archive/2010...g-ms10-015.aspx

February 12, 2010 - "In our continuing investigation in to the restart issues related to MS10-015 that a limited number of customers are experiencing, we have determined that malware on the system can cause the behavior. We are not yet ruling out other potential causes at this time and are still investigating... This can be a difficult issue to solve once a computer is in an un-bootable state so we encourage customers who feel they have been impacted by this to contact our Customer Service and Support group... Keep an eye on this blog for more updates as we have them."

I think that's just their way of hiding their mistakes and placing the blame elsewhere, but that's just me.

Either way, be careful folks.

They came out with a fix, but how are you going to employ a fix from within windows if you can't get windows to boot? They should have a dos fix for this for the poor souls with OEM pc's and do not have easy access the the recovery console

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/979682

2 of the 3 'puters I was working on last week showed this problem. Fortunately both had a boot-and-repair (OEM) on the 2nd hard drive. One (Asus?) lost the user settings and doccuments, but the other (Dell) was restored to where it was before the attack.

I agree with Adam22 - seems like MS fixes always need more fixes. Perhaps they should occasionally issue a FREE upgrade (It's their fault anyway) that takes all the seperate fixes, rolls them into the appropriate OS or APP, and delete all the $MS...$ files chewing up space on the hard drive. I know the Service Packs are supposed to do that, but they seem to be just as bad as the fixes.

Just my 2¢ worth.... B)