Sign in to follow this  
warrenshieldy

proxy settings

I am currently living in poland as an expat and still pay my tv license in the uk but i can't view things like bbc iplayer,4OD,ITV player or msn player because my computer says i can't view this in my region.I know there is a way around this using proxy settings but need a little guidance ;)

Thanks for your help in advance ;)

Google paid proxy services

Bear

wow, um, i hope that never comes here... you seriously have to pay to watch tv that you record on a dvr or slingbox? wowa

Unfortunately we have to pay for BBC services,Its a scam haha well i have considered a paid proxy but i think thats a scam too (well not a scam but i want it free) ,i have had a few free proxys since i have been here but i only get limited access.i have an ip address for my property in england and the internet connection is still up and running so is there anyway i can get my computer here to go through that?

The license fee goes primarily towards funding the running of the BBC which provides a varying range of programs including unbiased news reporting. This all has the added benefit of not requiring 4x5 min advert breaks in a 30 min show.

On the point of the question, a simple paid proxy service won't work as iPlayer is flash. I have managed to get it to work from Ireland by using puTTY to create a local SOCKS5 proxy tunneled over an SSH connection and then using an app like sockscap or freecap to proxy all connections (including Flash) from Firefox. Was a little buggy and crashy though.

Phil