Change Mode

Winter Warz discussion thread

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just broke out the big guns.... :mrgreen: I removed the 2 70cfm fans and replaced it with the 252cfm fan to see how the temps would compare on a overclocked stress test...

Ran an OCCT 15min stress test running at 1.2 Vcore and 3500MHtz. On the 70 cfm fans (setup as push-pull)....idee averaged 35 and max averaged 58-59. On the 252cmf fan (setup as pull only)....idle averaged 31 and max averaged 54-55. A nice drop of about 4-5 degrees.... :P Mmmm.......I wonder what will happen when I push it 4.0+...... :overclocking:

I am only using one 252cfm fan and yes it is a delta. This is the first time I used it and it is LOUD. To me it sounds like a loud vacuum cleaner.... :)

Will have to wait for a couple of days to continue testing. I just sold both my HD4890's and they are packaged and ready to ship tomorrow. My new 5870 will most likely not get here until Friday... :bawling:

I am only using one 252cfm fan and yes it is a delta. This is the first time I used it and it is LOUD. To me it sounds like a loud vacuum cleaner.... :)

Will have to wait for a couple of days to continue testing. I just sold both my HD4890's and they are packaged and ready to ship tomorrow. My new 5870 will most likely not get here until Friday... :bawling:

I want a 5970 but I promised id skip the 5 series :hammer:

Im re doing windows right now. I guess doing 2300 on the ram killed system files lol once thats done Ill post stocks.

Friday the new cards gets here and ill post stock for that second system.

Just finished a 2 hour OCCT stress test. I believe I found what I can run 24/7. Running at 200x20 for 4.0 with memory running at 200x12 or 2400. VCore at 1.36 with temps running high 60's with 2 70cfm fans. Gotta love that new memory. Easily clocks 2400 and I think it has some room to overclock...woohoooo :lol:

OK....sorry...I lied. I went back and looked at the data and the temps averaged 75. High was 79-80. Too many beers.... :blink: Ambient temp is 28.3. That's a little high for me to run 24/7. I will have to get some more fans pushing higher cfm's. The high 60's temp I mentioned before was when I was running the 252 cfm fan.

Yes, in true life, both machines are about the same. One a little ahead here, and a little

behind there. I have always had Intel, just because my first one was, and I have never

had any big problems with them. But then again, a lot of my aquainces never had problems

with AMD.

Go figure. To each their own. I do wish AMD would come up with something soon. Just

to make the market better for all.

Of course, the same goes with ATI/Nvidia.

:blink:

Although I noticed that even though the Phemon processors will give Wprime and super pi low scores compared to Intel systems, 3dmark benches are still pretty good, also don't forget some AMD processors are known to overclock really well, and the more you overclock, the higher OC bonus you'll get which will help your score quite a bit.