PCmatic using up 5 licenses on 2 pc's

Hi Folks,

I've already submitted a ticket and have not received an answer so I'll try here.

I have pcmatic with 5 licenses and have used it on 2 pc's. Each time I reload an operating system or work on the disks pcmatic counts it as a new pc.

I do alot of work and tinkering with these two pc's and need to get PCmatic to stop using up the license each time I change something. Can anyone help.

Thanks,

Jeff

:wp:

Open PC Matic and on the right-hand side of the first screen is an option to remove any computer that has not been optimized within the last 60 days. Just click on the red circle.

I'm aware I can delete a pc after 60 days. That's is not the problem. I want to be able to delete any machine if it is the same one that I have just changed. Otherwise PCmatic is worthless to me and I have to wait 60 days to run it when I'm only using it on 2 machines.

There has to be a better answer.

Thanks,

Robert Kemper

:wp:

Open PC Matic and on the right-hand side of the first screen is an option to remove any computer that has not been optimized within the last 60 days. Just click on the red circle.

Edited by kemperj

PC Pitstop consumer license keys are good for five installations. Our policy of allowing computers to be replaced 60 days after the program was last run is more than adequate for the typical home user.

If the five-installation consumer license is not adequate for your needs, you will either need to upgrade to the Plus or Pro license, or obtain a refund for your purchase if you are still within the 30-day refund period.

You can use the 'Shop' button within PC Matic to upgrade your license, or you can open a ticket at our help desk if you prefer a refund.

Edit: I see you opted for the refund. We are sorry the software did not work out for you. Thank you for trying PC Matic.

PC Pitstop consumer license keys are good for five installations. Our policy of allowing computers to be replaced 60 days after the program was last run is more than adequate for the typical home user.

If the five-installation consumer license is not adequate for your needs, you will either need to upgrade to the Plus or Pro license, or obtain a refund for your purchase if you are still within the 30-day refund period.

You can use the 'Shop' button within PC Matic to upgrade your license, or you can open a ticket at our help desk if you prefer a refund.

Edit: I see you opted for the refund. We are sorry the software did not work out for you. Thank you for trying PC Matic.

OK, In the first place I haven't ask for a refund----Yet.

I'm not sure however that your answer is at all satisfactory from a customer service stand point. I can assure you that I am a typical home user and simply want the software to allow me to work on my computer without costing me a license each time I do a repair or reinstall windows because of a crash that I have probably caused in the first place.

Telling me to upgrade my license when I am only using 2 computers is total BS!!

Surely there is something that can be done. I am a long time customer and up until the recent replies I have received, have been quite happy with your products.

So, how about having tech support answer my ticket that I posted and tell me how to fix this. Also, If I have been refunded the cost of the software this needs to be straightened out because someone besides me is accessing my account and just got a refund.

Please help.

From a customer service standpoint you are asking for an unlimited license for the price of a five installation license. That is not a reasonable request.

We will not be altering our licensing policy to provide unlimited installations. Using more than 5 installations in a 60 day period is not a typical user. The average user does not reinstall their operating system every few weeks.

We can remove any duplicate computers from your license this once, but if I understand you correctly you expect this to be an ongoing issue. You have stated that the product is not appropriate for what you are doing and is worthless to you. I would recommend that you obtain a refund for PC Matic and find a product that does what you want.

My apologies for confusing your forum request with a different help desk ticket.

All tech support tickets are answered within 24 hours, usually much less. Our average response time is under two hours. What is your ticket number? I used the name you posted to look up your order and get the email address and I do not see a ticket in our help desk using that email address. When you open a ticket you should receive a confirmation email within a few minutes.

From a customer service standpoint you are asking for an unlimited license for the price of a five installation license. That is not a reasonable request.

We will not be altering our licensing policy to provide unlimited installations. Using more than 5 installations in a 60 day period is not a typical user. The average user does not reinstall their operating system every few weeks.

We can remove any duplicate computers from your license this once, but if I understand you correctly you expect this to be an ongoing issue. You have stated that the product is not appropriate for what you are doing and is worthless to you. I would recommend that you obtain a refund for PC Matic and find a product that does what you want.

My apologies for confusing your forum request with a different help desk ticket.

All tech support tickets are answered within 24 hours, usually much less. Our average response time is under two hours. What is your ticket number? I used the name you posted to look up your order and get the email address and I do not see a ticket in our help desk using that email address. When you open a ticket you should receive a confirmation email within a few minutes.

I would certainly appreciate your help. What do I need to do next. My issue is that I have two computers and only two that I have been working on and used pcmatic on. I tried Win 7 to replace XP on one of the computers and it was a disaster. Some of my favorite software doesn't run in Win 7 and my machine does not support XP virtualization. So in the switch a total of three licenses were used. I ran pcmatic on my wife's machine in hopes of speeding it up. It was too far gone so a xp reinstall was necessary, Two more licenses used. So now I've used up the 5 licenses and when either one of the pc's I have crashes or I again "work on them"--meaning tinker and screw something up, I'm out of luck with PCMatic. Again, I'm talking two computer not five or more.

Here is what I don't understand---Why can't the software recognize a computers motherboard and/or BIOS or CPU and realize that it is the same computer from before. No actual critical hardware has been changed and therefore it continues using an existing license.

Yes, I probably do screw around with computers more than many people and like to tinker with them and often mess them up, but I'm still only talking about two computers.

Anyway, I really do appreciate your help. What do I need to do next?

As far as the ticket I suspect I did something wrong when I filled it out because I can't find any email response for it.

BTW, Thanks.

Jeff Kemper

Thank you for the additonal information. Based on the installation dates, the duplicate computers were removed. If I did it wrong let me know.

PC Matic identifies a computer by the motherboard serial number, the computer name, and a unique computer ID that is generated when the computer is scanned. If any one of these three change, then it counts as a new installation. Changing or reinstalling the OS will change the hard drive volume serial number, which then changes the computer ID.

The issue should now be resolved, but if it is not, you can open a ticket from the link below:

http://www.pcpitstop.com/store/service.asp

Thank you for the additonal information. Based on the installation dates, the duplicate computers were removed. If I did it wrong let me know.

PC Matic identifies a computer by the motherboard serial number, the computer name, and a unique computer ID that is generated when the computer is scanned. If any one of these three change, then it counts as a new installation. Changing or reinstalling the OS will change the hard drive volume serial number, which then changes the computer ID.

The issue should now be resolved, but if it is not, you can open a ticket from the link below:

http://www.pcpitstop.com/store/service.asp

I really appreciate your help on this. I checked and it is now showing two computers which is correct. Thanks very much.

Jeff