Change Mode

Excessive PCMatic Scans

Although my PCMatic is scheduled to scan my computer once a week, it seems to be scanning every other day or two. Can anyone tell me why? Oh, and the time data concerning the scans is whacky. For example, the data shows that some scans ended before they actually began.

Edited by Bronxboy47

Do you have any other products that are also using the scheduler? Have you tried deleting all of the the scheduled scans and then recreating the schedule?

Please open a ticket at our help desk so that we can get a log file from you and see what is going on with that. You can open a ticket from here:

http://www.pcpitstop.com/store/service.asp

Do you have any other products that are also using the scheduler? Have you tried deleting all of the the scheduled scans and then recreating the schedule?

Please open a ticket at our help desk so that we can get a log file from you and see what is going on with that. You can open a ticket from here:

http://www.pcpitstop.com/store/service.asp

Q 1: No

Q 2: Yes

Will open ticket as soon as I can locate the info requested in order to open the ticket.

Edited by Bronxboy47

All we really need is your email address. Don't spend any time looking for an order number, etc.

My Email address:

Edit - Intelguy

I've also noticed that the scan reports indicated that whatever problems were found were fixed. How is that possible? I thought the command to "Fix" problems was a manual operation.

Edited by IntelGuy

Thank you for the email address. I will get a ticket opened for you so that we can see what's going on and get it resolved.

Scheduled scans have the fix run automatically at the end of the scan.

You can also do the same with a manual scan by changing the auto setting in Options>Scan options.

Thank you for the email address. I will get a ticket opened for you so that we can see what's going on and get it resolved.

Scheduled scans have the fix run automatically at the end of the scan.

You can also do the same with a manual scan by changing the auto setting in Options>Scan options.

Any idea when I might expect feedback on this problem. I am now receiving email messages telling me that several scheduled scans have failed to take place. Nevertheless, the unscheduled scans are still taking place, almost every other day now.

I'm beginning to worry that the PCMatic program may be damaging my computer.

Edited by Bronxboy47

I apologize that this issue has not yet been resolved.

I have sent an inquiry to the developer to check the status.

The scheduling information and initiation reside on our server. The local computer "checks in" with the server every so often to see if there is anything scheduled for it to do. There is nothing in PC Matic that would be damaging the computer.

Our software comes with a 30-day 100% satisfaction money-back guarantee. If you are not satisfied with your purchase or how the program works, just let us know and your money will be refunded, even though you are past the 30 days.

Thank you for your patience.

Our developer looked through your log files and verified that PC Matic is not damaging your system. The scans are running just fine and completing with no errors. Our developer looked at your list of scheduled scans and he noticed that there are 5 weekly scans setup for one pc and 3 weekly ones setup for another pc. This possibly could have been accidentally done by clicking the button too many times and not waiting for it to return, or there could be a weird bug somewhere. Please delete all of the scheduled scans and then try creating only one weekly scan. If you needs help, we can do this for you. Please verify when that is done and only one entry remains.

Our developer looked through your log files and verified that PC Matic is not damaging your system. The scans are running just fine and completing with no errors. Our developer looked at your list of scheduled scans and he noticed that there are 5 weekly scans setup for one pc and 3 weekly ones setup for another pc. This possibly could have been accidentally done by clicking the button too many times and not waiting for it to return, or there could be a weird bug somewhere. Please delete all of the scheduled scans and then try creating only one weekly scan. If you needs help, we can do this for you. Please verify when that is done and only one entry remains.

Thanks for your response. As for deleting all scheduled scans, etc., I thought I had done that, but it appears I haven't, so it looks like I'll need your help with that. Perhaps a simple set of instructions on how to clear and reschedule scans would help.

John

To delete the exisitng scheduled scans you can open PC Matic, then click on "Next test", to the right of each computer name, to open the Scheduled Tasks window.

Once that opens, you can click on 'Delete' to the right of each scheduled scan to remove it from the list.

Thank you. I've deleted all scheduled scans and reprogrammed each computer for a weekly scan. I hope this solves the problem.

John

I'll go ahead and close the ticket. If the issue recurs please let us know.

Unfortunately, a complication has already developed. As you know, I deleted all scheduled PCMatic scans on both my laptops and programmed them both for weekly scans, the first of which was for today. However, only one of the two scheduled scans actually took place. The scan for my backup laptop was scheduled to take place at 12 AM this morning, but nothing happened.

I'm sending you an email with an attached zip log.