Change Mode

Search Broken? Rebuild the Index

EclipseWebJS2

:cr@sh:

Would you know what to do if your searches can't find anything? Or you enter a phrase in the search box and no results come up? Or how about this? Typing just about anything in the search box doesn't start any searches at all! Come to think of it, you might have a Windows Search problem.

It's not the first incident either. Check out the message boards over here where other people have had troubles restarting the service.

Windows could not start the Windows Search on Local Computer. For more information, review the System Event Log. If this is a non-Microsoft service, contact the service vendor, and refer to service-specific error code -2147218141.

Well, I went through a through check through my system and I still couldn't figure it out... except to check out the Indexing Options (where I found that only the Advanced button still available). The only thing I had to do in there was to press "Rebuild".

Note: When rebuilding indexes, it may take several hours, depending on the number of files, the size of the volume, the speed of the hardware, and user activity.

Archived