TR/StartPage.KA.3 Trojan

Ok this just started today Avira each time I start up my computer is giving me this

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Start Menu\Programs\Internet Explorer.Ink is the TR/StartPage.KA.3 Trojan. :cr@sh: Nothing last night popped up telling me I had a Trojan or virus but now when I turn on the computer Avira is giving me this. :h3lp: Any help thanks

Ok this just started today Avira each time I start up my computer is giving me this

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Start Menu\Programs\Internet Explorer.Ink is the TR/StartPage.KA.3 Trojan. :cr@sh: Nothing last night popped up telling me I had a Trojan or virus but now when I turn on the computer Avira is giving me this. :h3lp: Any help thanks

Same here. FWIW the file is a start menu shortcut and I'm fairly certain it's a false positive.

I disabled AntiVir Guard, restored the file and submitted it to both AVira & Virus Total.

Both came back negative, YMMV.

This started happening to me this evening - Jan 19, 2010 - shortly after Avira completed an update.

I am also guessing it is a false positive.

It pops up whenever I "mouse" over Internet Explorer on the Start Menu.

This started happening to me this evening - Jan 19, 2010 - shortly after Avira completed an update.

I am also guessing it is a false positive.

It pops up whenever I "mouse" over Internet Explorer on the Start Menu.

I'm getting the same thing. What is a false positive? :unsure:

I have Avira on two machines, and haven't seen these F/P's. I'm using Avira Premium Security Suite. :blink:

You know, it's funny you mention that. I have the paid suite as well and a friend of mine uses the freebie and there's one site in particular that gets flagged for him and not me. I haven't thought about it till now, but I bet he and others have cranked the heuristics or something turned up so high you couldn't fa** near.. never mind, but you get my point.