Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kojak

Thought provoking Signatures

Again, long before "science" acquired this knowledge, Gods word also makes reference to the ocean(s) currents.

i think your really scraping the bottom of the barrel now with rubbish like this.. :tup:

i'm pretty sure people noticed things like how the sea moves long long before any bs words supposedly by god got put on papyrus.. ;)

:b33r:

humblemoon...

i'm still reading and :worship:

nearly on the 4th time...

that'll teach me to miss the most important post in the whole thread.. :surrender:

:rofl2:

Did you know, long before "Science" discovered the Earth was round, God provided us that knowledge in his word ?

I believe it was Issac Asimov that said:

" The day science overtook God, is when they installed lightning conductors on church towers".

I believe it was Issac Asimov that said:

" The day science overtook God, is when they installed lightning conductors on church towers".

:laughing:

what about that 7 million year old human skull that was found, i would like to talk about that and genesis 1:1

Guest Kojak

what about that 7 million year old human skull that was found, i would like to talk about that and genesis 1:1

You probably wouldn't believe what I told you, unless (or even if) you made yourself a time line of the genealogy in the Old Testament. Which genealogy begins with Adam.

Of course, while I may be mistaken in that regard, this presupposition on my part assumes a certain motive on your part. Namely that which seems to have predominated this discussion in general, with almost all who have participated.

I speak specifically of the seemingly apparent mindset (from the outset) to disbelieve, disprove, mock, ridicule and misjudge (incorrectly discern) both myself and what I have offered for consideration.

Nevertheless, here is the short answer. In the word of God (who cannot lie), from Adam to the present day, we can account for a little over 6,000 years of time having passed between creation and the present day.

Even science acknowledges carbon dating is problematic. If this is too incredible for you to accept, do me one favor. Spare me any mockery, ridicule and misjudgment you might feel inclined to heap upon me, as it will serve no constructive purpose.

Guest Kojak

Watchmakers exist.

What then do you think of the clockwork perfection of the universe.

It is due to random happenstance that the planets do not collide with one another ?

Or is it because there was/is a creator thereof ?

Mankind has dabbled with explosives of one magnitude or another. The result has always been destruction.

From beginning to end, the laws of physics cannot be denied. Do you really believe all that we know began with a "Big Bang" ?

Guest Kojak

If God cannot lie, why do lies exist?

Lies exist because we (being descendants of Adam) inherited a sin nature as a direct consequence of his disobedience. Per Scripture, lies exist because Satan (defined in Scripture as the father of lies) has fostered and perpetuated them (John 8:44). As it bears reading, the whole chapter has been provided for the sake of context.

Romans 5:12 (King James Version)

12Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

John 8 (King James Version)

(God in the person of Christ addressing his chosen people in the Temple)

1Jesus went unto the mount of Olives.

2And early in the morning he came again into the temple, and all the people came unto him; and he sat down, and taught them.

3And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst,

4They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act.

5Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?

6This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not.

7So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

8And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground.

9And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst.

10When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?

11She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

12Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

13The Pharisees therefore said unto him, Thou bearest record of thyself; thy record is not true.

14Jesus answered and said unto them, Though I bear record of myself, yet my record is true: for I know whence I came, and whither I go; but ye cannot tell whence I come, and whither I go.

15Ye judge after the flesh; I judge no man.

16And yet if I judge, my judgment is true: for I am not alone, but I and the Father that sent me.

17It is also written in your law, that the testimony of two men is true.

18I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me.

19Then said they unto him, Where is thy Father? Jesus answered, Ye neither know me, nor my Father: if ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also.

20These words spake Jesus in the treasury, as he taught in the temple: and no man laid hands on him; for his hour was not yet come.

21Then said Jesus again unto them, I go my way, and ye shall seek me, and shall die in your sins: whither I go, ye cannot come.

22Then said the Jews, Will he kill himself? because he saith, Whither I go, ye cannot come.

23And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.

24I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

25Then said they unto him, Who art thou? And Jesus saith unto them, Even the same that I said unto you from the beginning.

26I have many things to say and to judge of you: but he that sent me is true; and I speak to the world those things which I have heard of him.

27They understood not that he spake to them of the Father.

28Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.

29And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.

30As he spake these words, many believed on him.

31Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;

32And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

33They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free?

34Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.

35And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever.

36If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

37I know that ye are Abraham's seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you.

38I speak that which I have seen with my Father: and ye do that which ye have seen with your father.

39They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham.

40But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham.

41Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God.

42Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

43Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.

44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do.

He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

45And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.

46Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me?

47He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

48Then answered the Jews, and said unto him, Say we not well that thou art a Samaritan, and hast a devil?

49Jesus answered, I have not a devil; but I honour my Father, and ye do dishonour me.

50And I seek not mine own glory: there is one that seeketh and judgeth.

51Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep my saying, he shall never see death.

52Then said the Jews unto him, Now we know that thou hast a devil. Abraham is dead, and the prophets; and thou sayest, If a man keep my saying, he shall never taste of death.

53Art thou greater than our father Abraham, which is dead? and the prophets are dead: whom makest thou thyself?

54Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God:

55Yet ye have not known him; but I know him: and if I should say, I know him not, I shall be a liar like unto you: but I know him, and keep his saying.

56Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.

57Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?

58Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

59Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.

Guest Kojak

I must leave this discussion for now. I have an appointment to keep.

I shall return.

snip

Did the author of the bible go to University? I'm there now and I bet he did.. :lol:

Guest Kojak

Did the author of the bible go to University? I'm there now and I bet he did.. :lol:

The author of the word of God is responsible for the existence of those who established the university.

Genesis 2 (King James Version)

1Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.

2And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.

3And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

4These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens,

5And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground.

6But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground.

7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

In the word of God (who cannot lie), from Adam to the present day, we can account for a little over 6,000 years of time having passed between creation and the present day.

Even science acknowledges carbon dating is problematic. If this is too incredible for you to accept, do me one favor. Spare me any mockery, ridicule and misjudgment you might feel inclined to heap upon me, as it will serve no constructive purpose.

no ridiculing at all, i just see a major contradiction to what supposedly happened thousands of years ago and stated on parchment in comparison to actual human remains that are in fact millions of years old.

it's not misjudgment nor and attempt to heap upon anyone, it's merely a discussion and i thought you would provide a reasonable explanation.

carbon dating is quite accurate.

here's an example: someone said they seen a murder, when the police get there' no body is found and no evidence a crime was ever committed, no body' no crime !

all they have is a documented incident and the accused is innocent until proven guilty.

And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground

But you say man is made in Gods image.

Are you now saying God is just a piece of dirt? :huh:

Guest Kojak

no ridiculing at all, i just see a major contradiction to what supposedly happened thousands of years ago and stated on parchment in comparison to actual human remains that are in fact millions of years old.

it's not misjudgment nor and attempt to heap upon anyone, it's merely a discussion and i thought you would provide a reasonable explanation.

carbon dating is quite accurate.

here's an example: someone said they seen a murder, when the police get there' no body is found and no evidence a crime was ever committed, no body' no crime !

all they have is a documented incident and the accused is innocent until proven guilty.

The arrival of the police is indicative of the benefit of the doubt the testimony of the witness is true.

The absence of the body does not logically imply there was no crime committed.

It is merely problematic with respect to solving the crime.

But I digress, this being another rabbit. Which the chasing thereof is typically fruitless.

Consider this analogy that has been posed for another.

The very existence of a watch (although it does not identify the watchmaker) sensibly proves the existence of a watchmaker.

Consider this question:

Namely the clockwork perfection of the universe.

Is it due to random happenstance that the planets do not collide with one another ?

Mankind has dabbled with explosives of one magnitude or another. The result has always been destruction.

From beginning to end, the laws of physics cannot be denied. Do you really believe all that we know began with a "Big Bang" ?

Giving you the benefit of the doubt you are genuinely interested in the truth.

You must for yourself answer the above question before you can proceed in your search for the truth.

If your answer is no, then perhaps you believe there is a creator of all that we know ?

Note: Edited due to an oversight in proof reading.

Edited by Kojak

Guest Kojak

But you say man is made in Gods image.

Are you now saying God is just a piece of dirt? :huh:

The answer : No.

You forgot the second half of the verse. It is pivotal in understanding one of the two most significant facts regarding our creation. The material used is insignificant by comparison.

Genesis 1:26-27 (King James Version)

26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Genesis 2 (King James Version)

7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Ohh I get it, we are all little mud pies :lol:

Edited by Bruce

Guest Kojak

Ohh I get it, we are all little mud pies :lol:

Still, you continue to scoff.....

Guest Kojak

You make it so easy :lol::shrug:

That you have chosen not to contest my conclusion is noteworthy.

Concluding, as I did previously that you do not believe As evidenced by your continued scoffing.

Said conclusion does not imply condemnation of you on my part. For as I also stated previously, there is nothing in the Scriptures presented that does not apply equally to me. It is simply a matter of discernment.

If I am to be justifiably indicted for anything, it is caring enough to indulge your continual scoffing which you do not deny.

Farewell, for now. I must make time to prepare my dinner.

Got to be a wind up, surely. Good fun though, but to the guy who started it - get some fresh air and a pint.. you deserve it.

Kojak

You have been accused of being judgmental and ridiculed because of your religious beliefs...Welcome to the Pit !!!

And to think some stated that this comment was stirring up the pot?

Minor compared to the other posts in this thread

Yep Kojak has been stirring it pretty well hasn't he. Right from the first first post. ;)

The arrival of the police is indicative of the benefit of the doubt the testimony of the witness is true.

The absence of the body does not logically imply there was no crime committed.

It is merely problematic with respect to solving the crime.

a benefit of a doubt, seriously ?

what if the assumed witness is actually the murderer, or no murder never took place and this person is merely seeking attention because he/she feels unimportant ?

Consider this question:

Namely the clockwork perfection of the universe.

It is due to random happenstance that the planets do not collide with one another ?

the universe isn't perfect, it's ever changing and expanding and we are molecules "this solar system" in comparison to the universe, we are not special in the universe and our existence means nothing to it.

we can disappear from the universe and it will continue.

if planet x decided to do a drive by' do you think that will be the end ?

i see where you are going and it is interesting you've brought it up !

tell us about christianity and how it helps us from destroying each other.

no..

humans have an ability to exist and maintain that existence by adapting to an environment, most will learn from their mistakes and it's been happening from the beginning and still is.

take the moon mission for example: human life will go on, space exploration will continue, that is a fact, it is a plan.

if something will happen on this grain of sand' there are others grains of sand we can set foot on.

Giving you the benefit of the doubt you are genuinely interested in the truth.

You must for yourself answer the above question before you can proceed in your search for the truth.

If your answer is no, then perhaps you believe there is a creator of all that we know ?

the ingredients found in the universe is it's creator, our star for example is 3/4 hydrogen, our star "the sun" will burn out like a candle, no different from the billions of other stars in this known universe, stars die and new stars are born.

what you are seeing is no different from chemical reactions and gravity of large masses, spent energy.

are you saying someone or something is responsible for that ?

if so' maybe you could explain this

That you have chosen not to contest my conclusion is noteworthy.

Concluding, as I did previously that you do not believe As evidenced by your continued scoffing.

Said conclusion does not imply condemnation of you on my part. For as I also stated previously, there is nothing in the Scriptures presented that does not apply equally to me. It is simply a matter of discernment.

If I am to be justifiably indicted for anything, it is caring enough to indulge your continual scoffing which you do not deny.

Farewell, for now. I must make time to prepare my dinner.

What would you like me to contest?

I can try and have fun, or be all glib and dark, and boring, and copy and paste 50 or 60 lines from a book, but that wouldn't be much fun.

But you see, there really isn't much to contest, because again you have opened mouth and inserted both feet with a judgment, about my beliefs, solely based on your biased simple minded view of things.

Your judgment of me and your conclusions are wrong. ;)

However be mindful that judging me with a disclaimer that you are not condemning me is a nice gesture on your part oh mighty one.

I sincerely appreciate you sparing me from condemnation, I am fearful of being condemned by the prophet Kojak and his mighty sword of the only true word of God.

:worship::worship::worship::worship: