Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kojak

Thought provoking Signatures

by the way nothing in this world or universe is perfect...

and that includes your understanding of what you read..

where you read it from..

and then preach..

in my humble opinion.. ;)

perfection awaits us when we die..

if we're judged worthy. :tup:

:b33r:

by the way nothing in this world or universe is perfect...

and that includes your understanding of what you read..

where you read it from..

and then preach..

in my humble opinion.. ;)

perfection awaits us when we die..

if we're judged worthy. :tup:

Opinion is exactly what you posted. Nothing makes your opinion anymore truthful, right or more tasteful then Kojak's.

This whole thread is nothing but babbly boop of nobody even considering the other persons view. It's all I'm right and your wrong. Believers and deniers, respect the other persons position is all that should be done when making your comment instead of attacking as you can see it gets nowhere.

of course we consider the other persons views, the only difference is kojak says his view is the only true view, where i believe nobody knows, so therefore all views are equally true.. ;)

so therefore all views are equally true.. ;)

There is only one truth. 2+2 = 4. You may think it's 5, or 27 or 88 but it won't be true. All views are not true. You're either right or wrong.

my views are just as true as your views dude...

because...

views about a belief system are not the same as numbers there is no way to prove who is right or wrong. :P

so i'll accept your views to be as true as mine and let you live your life in peace without persecution and without trying to persuade or force you to believe my views and beliefs are right...

just as long as you'll do the same for me.. ;)

now which is the more christian...

live and let live... my way,

or persecute someone to get them to believe what you think is right and they should also be thinking it... some other peoples way?

only god(if he exists) can and will judge if i deserve paradise or not when i die. :tup:

do right by one another with actions not words and we'll all live in peace..

until the day we meet our makers whom ever they might be.. ;)

Edited by terry1966

My post was just reminding people that truth is not relative.

People will sometimes say, "There is no truth." To which my response is, "Is that true?"

My post was just reminding people that truth is not relative.

People will sometimes say, "There is no truth." To which my response is, "Is that true?"

:tup:

Terry, if you have a lil time to watch 2 videos, watch this one then the one called "Which God is it" and tell me if you consider them "offensive".

EDIT: For some reason I cannot link to the hosting site directly so please click on the "Watch out sermons here" button then watch the second in the list first then the last second.

http://media.fbcwylie.org/default.cfm?show=video

Edited by Tx Redneck

I get an error on that link Tx.

Check my edit.

me too.

error retrieving ministery still.

i doubt i'd find them offensive tx unless they're preaching hate..

boring probably...

laughable maybe...

truthful or untruthful, not for me to say, that's their beliefs so are entitled to hold them even if i don't.

Edited by terry1966

me too.

error retrieving ministery still.

i doubt i'd find them offensive tx unless they're preaching hate..

boring probably...

laughable maybe...

truthful or untruthful, not for me to say, that's their beliefs so are entitled to hold them even if i don't.

Check the edited post T.

video 1(2nd in list) "where did i come from"

nope i didn't agree with him that origins counts..

or origin determines values..

what counts is we all strive to do the best for ourselves and for each other...

without harming others to do it...

regardless of where we think we originated from...

who's to say god never used nature and evolution as his tools to create us??

just because something is written in a book doesn't make it right, regardless of the name of the book.

he's like all preachers, full of contradictions, because they take the book to be absolute..

never forget man wrote the book and man makes mistakes.. ;)

good entertaining speaker tho. ;)

video 2(3rd in list) "baptismal service jan 3"

short and sweet, my grandaughters baptism lasted a lot longer.. :lol:

going to watch the first in list now "which god is it?" just in case it was one of the videos you wanted me to watch and as usual i messed up.. :lol:

well watched 3rd video and again i disagree with him. :lol:

Edited by terry1966

Because to put it simply you come here in judgment of everyone and anyone who does not believe the things that you believe. You make judgments about people, call them non believers, say that if they don't read what you read they are being deceived by Satan............................and on and on and on.

At your expense? No not at your expense. But because of people like you my signature exists.

I do indeed love your Christ, I however do not like "your" Christians. ;)

Where do you see kojak judging anybody ? especially you?

I do not recall anything posted that your going to go to hell if you don't do this or that, since when are you the judge of when somebody has an opinion and when somebody's telling you that you must do something ?

Are you yourself not sitting in judgment also ? Because you do not agree with an opinion ?

How are you any different that what you believe to be Christians ??

Edited by Joe C

"Consider this analogy that has been posed for another.

The very existence of a watch (although it does not identify the watchmaker) sensibly proves the existence of a watchmaker.

Consider this question:

Namely the clockwork perfection of the universe.

are you suggestion theistic realism, fine tuned universe, specified complexity, an intelligent designer ?

video 1(2nd in list) "where did i come from"

nope i didn't agree with him that origins counts..

or origin determines values..

what counts is we all strive to do the best for ourselves and for each other...

without harming others to do it...

regardless of where we think we originated from...

who's to say god never used nature and evolution as his tools to create us??

just because something is written in a book doesn't make it right, regardless of the name of the book.

he's like all preachers, full of contradictions, because they take the book to be absolute..

never forget man wrote the book and man makes mistakes.. ;)

good entertaining speaker tho. ;)

video 2(3rd in list) "baptismal service jan 3"

short and sweet, my grandaughters baptism lasted a lot longer.. :lol:

going to watch the first in list now "which god is it?" just in case it was one of the videos you wanted me to watch and as usual i messed up.. :lol:

well watched 3rd video and again i disagree with him. :lol:

Give me specifics T, I wanna know what it is you disagree w/, why you disagree and on what basis do you form you ideals. What/who influenced you to have the perceptions that you have about believers and the Bible's validity? Have they themselves disproved it w/ tangible fact or evidence and if so can you provide that info so I can share w/ you in the critique?

i'll skype you so you can quiz me to your hearts content. ;)

Edited by terry1966

Guest Kojak

Mercy, Mercy, Mercy.

With all the notifications in my mailbox, I surely was expecting a whole bunch of hornets in this nest.

I do not recall anything posted that your going to go to hell if you don't do this or that, since when are you the judge of when somebody has an opinion and when somebody's telling you that you must do something ?

Are you yourself not sitting in judgment also ? Because you do not agree with an opinion ?

Well gee Joe, how many times does he have to say I am a "non believer" or that I am being deceived by Satan before you see it? Is that not a judgment?

I am not sitting in judgment, I do not doubt his belief and devotion. There is the difference. I don't call him a non believer, I don't tell him that he is being deceived by Satan.

Satan's business is the deception of as many as possible. Hence, in part, the proliferation of "bibles" purported to be the word of God. They contain grains of truth. But they do not contain the whole truth.

So you see Joe, it isn't about God or Christ, but it is about one version of the bible, and if we do not read the specific version he reads then we are being deceived by Satan.

If we do not believe, if we do not receive the freely offered gift of Salvation through Christ, we condemn ourselves.

Then of course if we do not believe what he believes, we are to be condemned.

You have made your choice. You have chosen not to believe.

That was a direct comment to me. aka a massive judgment on his part. He has judged me a non believer.

When someone plainly states they do not believe the word of God, it is a declaration of choice.

Also another direct comment to me, nowhere did I ever say I don't believe in the word of God. He of course says that only one version of the 20+ maybe more is the only true word of god. Therefore not reading the books he reads makes a person a non-believer. More to come on that keep reading. ;) Again I was judged a non believer.

You have plainly declared you are not a receptive audience.

At that point it became clear this thread is a sermon, a place for one person to preach to the members of the forum then complaining that the audience isn't listening.

Concluding, as I did previously that you do not believe As evidenced by your continued scoffing.

Again here I am being called a non believer. (Judgment)

You have, with your own words, freely judged yourself an unbeliever of the Word of God. Else you would not have tendered the question.

Here I am told that if I ask a question about which book to read that I am again an unbeliever.

Could it be, you too have declined to read with understanding all I have posted ?

You are well advised, to so do.

We must read or apparently something bad will happen.

Guest Kojak

your avoiding me kojak, that's okay :P

Look at the time on the post.

I read the replies and went to bed.

.......Much more than simply an intelligent designer.

Edited by Kojak

Guest Kojak

Well gee Joe, how many times does he have to say I am a "non believer" or that I am being deceived by Satan before you see it? Is that not a judgment?

I am not sitting in judgment, I do not doubt his belief and devotion. There is the difference. I don't call him a non believer, I don't tell him that he is being deceived by Satan.

How many times does one have to explain the difference between condemnation and discernment, before you understand ? The discernment is based on your own words: "A book written by men" "A fairy tale".

Are you going to suggest to all that you did not say these things ?

Look at the time on the post.

I read the replies and went to bed.

.......Much more than simply an intelligent designer.

i knew it, i just couldn't put my finger on from the start......

so an intelligent creator wouldn't necessarily be a magical being ?

Guest Kojak

i knew it, i just couldn't put my finger on from the start......

so an intelligent creator wouldn't necessarily be a magical being ?

To believe God is a "magical" being would be to bind him with the limit of our understanding.