Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kojak

Thought provoking Signatures

That one of those questions that mean "if you have to ask, then you should not know"

i'm sure many have an answer or their personal interpretation to the meaning of life and i would like to see his.

Duane,

Stop, do not pass go, you have been deemed unworthy.

tell me about it, so far it's been two steps forward and five steps back.

Guest Kojak

kojak' what is the purpose of life, what is mans purpose ?

Without doubt, someone will most likely go someplace inappropriate with this. Nevertheless, you will have an honest answer.

Before Adam and Eve brought Sin and Death upon all of mankind in disobeying God and lost fellowship with Him. They (being Husband and Wife) were tasked with no greater responsibility than to be fruitful and multiply.

Genesis 1:27-29 (King James Version)

27) So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

28) And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

29) And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

Since that time, the greatest desire, the greatest goal a man or woman can have is to be reconciled to God in Christ. Then to tell others of the opportunity for reconciliation to be had freely in Christ. There are untold numbers who have scoffed at this.

When your life is over, will you be one of them ?

Didn't Jesus go thru the same thing ??. :b33r:

does that mean kojaks the 2nd coming?? :unsure:

:b33r:

Before Adam and Eve brought Sin and Death upon all of mankind in disobeying God and lost fellowship with Him. They (being Husband and Wife) were tasked with no greater responsibility than to be fruitful and multiply.

well i'm glad god doesn't make pc's for a living...

since even the first man he built, none of them seems to have worked the way he wanted...

he'd of gone out of business and starved to death a long time ago.. :rofl2:

does that mean kojaks the 2nd coming??

I don't know about that !!!. I'm 1/2 Cherokee Indian we were here 10.000 years before you white guys . :mrgreen: .

Guest Kojak

Didn't Jesus go thru the same thing ??. :b33r:

He did. But he did not let that dissuade him. He did not let that take his eyes off of the prize set before him.

That being the purchase of our redemption with the shedding of his pure blood for our sin.

By the Grace and Power of God, in my life, the conviction and commitment of Moses who has gone before me in the footsteps of Christ will be self evident.

Hebrews 11:24-26 (King James Version)

24 By faith Moses, when he was come to years, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh's daughter;

25 Choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season;

26 Esteeming the reproach of Christ greater riches than the treasures in Egypt: for he had respect unto the recompence of the reward.

(What reward, you may ask ?)

John 14:1-3 (King James Version)

(The promise of Christ to every disciple)

1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

(As prophesied in the Old Testament and revealed in the New Testament. There will be an end to tears, sorrow, suffering, pain and death for every recipient ((in this life)) of Christ as Lord and Savior.)

Isaiah 25:7-9 (King James Version)(O.T.)

7 And he will destroy in this mountain the face of the covering cast over all people, and the vail that is spread over all nations.

8 He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord GOD will wipe away tears from off all faces; and the rebuke of his people shall he take away from off all the earth: for the LORD hath spoken it.

9 And it shall be said in that day, Lo, this is our God; we have waited for him, and he will save us: this is the LORD; we have waited for him, we will be glad and rejoice in his salvation.

Revelation 21:3-5 (King James Version)(N.T.)

3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

I don't know about that !!!. I'm 1/2 Cherokee Indian we were here 10.000 years before you white guys . :mrgreen: .

Impossible, man and the world have not been around that long. :rolleyes:

we cloned some chickens so we can fight cancer and have a better more abundant food supply.

wine makers are cloning grape vines.

seems that cloning anything is possible and their is nothing mystical or mysterious about it.

we could just go back to being cavemen and die from poliomyelitis, cancer, whipworm or arrow heads and even human sacrifice to please the gods !

He did. But he did not let that dissuade him. He did not let that take his eyes off of the prize set before him.

That being the purchase of our redemption with the shedding of his pure blood for our sin.

By the Grace and Power of God, in my life, the conviction and commitment of Moses who has gone before me in the footsteps of Christ will be self evident.

Hebrews 11:24-26 (King James Version)

24 By faith Moses, when he was come to years, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh's daughter;

25 Choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season;

26 Esteeming the reproach of Christ greater riches than the treasures in Egypt: for he had respect unto the recompence of the reward.

(What reward, you may ask ?)

John 14:1-3 (King James Version)

(The promise of Christ to every disciple)

1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

(As prophesied in the Old Testament and revealed in the New Testament. There will be an end to tears, sorrow, suffering, pain and death for every recipient ((in this life)) of Christ as Lord and Savior.)

Isaiah 25:7-9 (King James Version)(O.T.)

7 And he will destroy in this mountain the face of the covering cast over all people, and the vail that is spread over all nations.

8 He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord GOD will wipe away tears from off all faces; and the rebuke of his people shall he take away from off all the earth: for the LORD hath spoken it.

9 And it shall be said in that day, Lo, this is our God; we have waited for him, and he will save us: this is the LORD; we have waited for him, we will be glad and rejoice in his salvation.

Revelation 21:3-5 (King James Version)(N.T.)

3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

It's so awesome to know that God made a way for us to be reconciled to Him and it's nothing that we did, deserved or could do to get it. We simply aren't worthy and He knew that but Jesus stepped in and took our place. Even more are the confirming verses to follow. They let you know you're fulfilling your calling to be fishers of men.

Matthew 5:10 (New Living Translation)

10 God blesses those who are persecuted for doing right,

for the Kingdom of Heaven is theirs.

Matthew 5:12 (New Living Translation)

12 Be happy about it! Be very glad! For a great reward awaits you in heaven. And remember, the ancient prophets were persecuted in the same way.

John 15:20 (Amplified Bible)

20Remember that I told you, A servant is not greater than his master [is not superior to him]. If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you; if they kept My word and obeyed My teachings, they will also keep and obey yours.

1 Corinthians 4:12-13 (New Living Translation)

12 We work wearily with our own hands to earn our living. We bless those who curse us. We are patient with those who abuse us. 13 We appeal gently when evil things are said about us. Yet we are treated like the world’s garbage, like everybody’s trash—right up to the present moment.

2 Corinthians 4:8-10 (New Living Translation)

8 We are pressed on every side by troubles, but we are not crushed. We are perplexed, but not driven to despair. 9 We are hunted down, but never abandoned by God. We get knocked down, but we are not destroyed. 10 Through suffering, our bodies continue to share in the death of Jesus so that the life of Jesus may also be seen in our bodies.

2 Corinthians 4:8-10 (Amplified Bible)

8We are hedged in (pressed) on every side [troubled and oppressed in every way], but not cramped or crushed; we suffer embarrassments and are perplexed and unable to find a way out, but not driven to despair;

9We are pursued (persecuted and hard driven), but not deserted [to stand alone]; we are struck down to the ground, but never struck out and destroyed;

10Always carrying about in the body the liability and exposure to the same putting to death that the Lord Jesus suffered, so that the [[a]resurrection] life of Jesus also may be shown forth by and in our bodies.

2 Timothy 3:12-13 (Amplified Bible)

12Indeed all who delight in piety and are determined to live a devoted and godly life in Christ Jesus will meet with persecution [will be made to suffer because of their religious stand].

13But wicked men and imposters will go on from bad to worse, deceiving and leading astray others and being deceived and led astray themselves.

2 Timothy 3:12-13 (New Living Translation)

12 Yes, and everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution. 13 But evil people and impostors will flourish. They will deceive others and will themselves be deceived.

Looks like confirmation to me. :)

Mankind has dabbled with explosives of one magnitude or another. The result has always been destruction.

please' lets get an explanation of that and include how christianity plays a major role.

Guest Kojak

please' lets get an explanation of that and include how christianity plays a major role.

Let's start with this:

You cannot pull one sentence out of a statement without losing the context of that statement.

Below is the full text of what I challenged you to consider.

"Consider this analogy that has been posed for another.

The very existence of a watch (although it does not identify the watchmaker) sensibly proves the existence of a watchmaker.

Consider this question:

Namely the clockwork perfection of the universe.

Is it due to random happenstance that the planets do not collide with one another ?

Or is it because there was/is a creator thereof ?

Mankind has dabbled with explosives of one magnitude or another. The result has always been destruction.

From beginning to end, the laws of physics cannot be denied. Do you really believe all that we know began with a "Big Bang" ?"

Let me rephrase:

We agree the existence of a watch sensibly proves the existence of a watchmaker.

We no doubt agree the laws of physics cannot be denied. Therefore the reasonable conclusion is that explosions do not create life and bring order to the universe. They only destroy and wreak havoc.

I asked you this: Do you really believe all that we know began with a "Big Bang" ?"

You said "No".

If it wasn't a "Big Bang" then we must sensibly acknowledge the existence of a Creator.

What does this have to do with Christianity you ask ?

Everything. If we quite sensibly concede the existence of a Creator of all we know.

We must then consider this book we call the word of God. For in it, we learn of God,

his love and plan for our redemption the same way we learn about secular, national and world history.

By reading the words committed to their respective pages. The word of God is all about how to become a Christian. Otherwise we do not learn

John 3:17

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

mans destructiveness has nothing to do with the big bang theory.

please tell us how christianity plays a major role.

besides' post #199 shows that i answered the bang theory.

Let's start with this:

Consider this question:

Namely the clockwork perfection of the universe.

Is it due to random happenstance that the planets do not collide with one another ?

Or is it because there was/is a creator thereof ?

The universe isn't clockwork or perfect, chaos theory proves this.

Planets have and do colide.

Our solar sytem owes it's existence to planetary collisions. Our own moon is believed to be a product of a massive collision of Earth and another Earth sized object, the moon forming from the resultant projectile mass that was thrown into space.

Also we need to address this whole 6000 years since the creation of man.

Forget the accuracey/ inaccuracey of carbon dating, we have archeological both written and from artifacts that date civilisations in China, South America and Egypt to at least 10,000 years bc (so 12000 years now). The 6000 year timeline is probably a figure derived from the historical roots of the original old testament texts, ie. religions that pre date christianity, and therefore is not a figure that should be stated as fact.

This is before we start examing other records such as geology, paleontology and meteorogical, and finally to our million year old skulls and carbon dating.

I accept the Darwins theory of evolution is just that, a theory, but it is backed up by some pretty solid science.

Once again I do not knock peoples beliefs, but to blindly quote scripture and not offer any argument to support your view appart from, stating more of the same is really not going to sway me.

Edited by nigsy

Let's start with this:

You cannot pull one sentence out of a statement without losing the context of that statement.

I asked you this: Do you really believe all that we know began with a "Big Bang" ?"

You said "No".

If it wasn't a "Big Bang" then we must sensibly acknowledge the existence of a Creator.

What does this have to do with Christianity you ask ?

Everything. If we quite sensibly concede the existence of a Creator of all we know.

We must then consider this book we call the word of God. For in it, we learn of God,

his love and plan for our redemption the same way we learn about secular, national and world history.

By reading the words committed to their respective pages. The word of God is all about how to become a Christian. Otherwise we do not learn

John 3:17

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Why must we consider a book of fairy tales?

Couldn't I just as easily choose Peter Pan?

Or perhaps Mobey :filtered:?

And if you cannot pull one sentence out of a statement without losing the context of that statement, then why is it that all you do is repeatedly do exactly that?

Edited by Bruce

Guest Kojak

Why must we consider a book of fairy tales?

Couldn't I just as easily choose Peter Pan?

Or perhaps Mobey :filtered:?

And if you cannot pull one sentence out of a statement without losing the context of that statement, then why is it that all you do is repeatedly do exactly that?

"Why must we consider a book of fairy tales?"

You have, with your own words, freely judged yourself an unbeliever of the Word of God. Else you would not have tendered the question.

Let us therefore kindly hear no more of unsubstantiated allegations of condemnation on my part from you.

To all I say:

By now it is abundantly clear I believe we have (in the 1611 King James Version) the pure word of God for English speaking people.

by now it is also abundantly clear I will when freely asked questions answer with relevant Scripture quotation(s). For God is the final authority. His understanding and wisdom is incalculably greater than our own.

If you don't want to hear the answer(s) you know I will give, don't ask the question(s) you have freely put forth to me for consideration.

You who have contended with me have not been coerced into participating in this thread.

Conversely, you are free to forgo participating. You're not prisoners here.

Despite my endurance of all the Sarcasm, Mockery and Ridicule, I have complied with the forum rules.

Now it is your turn to do likewise in forgoing the Sarcasm, Mockery and Ridicule I have been subjected to. I thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Now, it is time for me to prepare my breakfast.

farewell.

I most certainly have not judged myself an unbeliever of the word of God. That is something you have been judging from the very beginning of this whole comedy show of a thread.

You are saying that anyone who does not believe what you believe is not a believer in the word of god!

I again refer you to my signature. You fit the bill perfectly. ;)

Guest Kojak

I most certainly have not judged myself an unbeliever of the word of God. That is something you have been judging from the very beginning of this whole comedy show of a thread.

You are saying that anyone who does not believe what you believe is not a believer in the word of god!

I again refer you to my signature. You fit the bill perfectly. ;)

"I again refer you to my signature. You fit the bill perfectly."

Why do you seemingly persist in justifying your position at my expense ?

"You are saying that anyone who does not believe what you believe is not a believer in the word of god!"

Incorrect, most assuredly.

Your declaration, via the question you posed then, that Word of God is a "fairy tale" is inconsistent with your current protestations.

By the way, It is your chosen words that leave the door open to the supposition.

I am acutely aware this is a limited medium for communication.

Whereas you have publicly acknowledged you do not,

I have carefully read the entirety of every post you have written.

Resisting the temptation to "shoot from the hip", I consider my replies before posting.

Thereby avoiding responses not in accordance with the context of your post(s).

Seeing it came on the heels of my declaration (which you highlighted) that "We must then consider this book we call the word of God".

There really isn't any wiggle room for contextually misconstruing your question "Why must we consider a book of fairy tales?".

Your question legitimately presupposes in and of itself you do not believe we have the Word of God. Elsewhere you have referred to it as a book written by men.

Below is the complete, unaltered contents of just one of your previous posts:

"Well copy and pasting a bunch of lines from a book written by men and selectively put together by a Roman Emperor ain't what makes one. lol.gif

Glad it sparked your brain a little, ponder it for a while, save the flood of bold lines. Because all the reading of words written by men are useless.

You can can even go to a building and pay someone to tell you what it means. It won't make you one.

I've got to run now, my gay friend is calling about a parade they are having. I need to find out the date. Buh Bye"

what proof do you have that god actually said any of the things you've posted from a book??

no proof except your word?

so then this book is exactly like a book of fairy tales no proof, but might be true. ;)

in a court of law, something said by a friend of a friend who told me, isn't allowed as proof.

yet you expect us to believe your god is the perfect one, because you say so, and you know this because you read it in a book..

just one of many by the way,....

but your book is the only true one because...

Having had access to other "versions", Furthermore, I have Gods seal of approval on the 1611 KJV because it is the only one God used to reveal my need of a Saviour.

so because you need a saviour so must others? isn't that judgmental of you? and i thought only god could judge. ;)

and not only do you need a saviour somehow you got gods seal of approval too...

wow!! what was he like when you met him for this approval?

if your god's so perfect and created the perfect universe, why is it constantly changing?

perfection needs no changing.. ;)

therefore your god's not perfect and you've been deceived. ;)

so don't feel bad when we're not deceived too, :lol:

Why do you seemingly persist in justifying your position at my expense ?

Because to put it simply you come here in judgment of everyone and anyone who does not believe the things that you believe. You make judgments about people, call them non believers, say that if they don't read what you read they are being deceived by Satan............................and on and on and on.

At your expense? No not at your expense. But because of people like you my signature exists.

I do indeed love your Christ, I however do not like "your" Christians. ;)

Edited by Bruce

Guest Kojak

what proof do you have that god actually said any of the things you've posted from a book??

no proof except your word?

so then this book is exactly like a book of fairy tales no proof, but might be true. ;)

in a court of law, something said by a friend of a friend who told me, isn't allowed as proof.

yet you expect us to believe your god is the perfect one, because you say so, and you know this because you read it in a book..

just one of many by the way,....

but your book is the only true one because...

so because you need a saviour so must others? isn't that judgmental of you? and i thought only god could judge. ;)

and not only do you need a saviour somehow you got gods seal of approval too...

wow!! what was he like when you met him for this approval?

if your god's so perfect and created the perfect universe, why is it constantly changing?

perfection needs no changing.. ;)

therefore your god's not perfect and you've been deceived. ;)

so don't feel bad when we're not deceived too, :lol:

Could it be, you too have declined to read with understanding all I have posted ?

You are well advised, to so do.

For in them I have opened my heart.

In them I have made the set of my mind perfectly clear.

By the way, you need not speak for any other, they have clearly demonstrated their ability to speak for themselves.....

I must take my leave of you all, at this time.

I have again, an appointment that must be kept.

To all, this thought I leave:

There is, in this life, no victory worthy of note, greater than this;

that a man or woman humble themselves before an Almighty God full of uncompromised love for we his cherished creation.

Could it be, you too have declined to read with understanding all I have posted ?

You are well advised, to so do.

For in them I have opened my heart.

In them I have made the set of my mind perfectly clear.

so because my understanding isn't the same as yours i'm advised to change my thinking because only your thinking is correct..

now how arrogant and judgmental is that??

seems to be a big part of some christians beliefs too... :rofl2:

i can see bruces signature being more and more true.. ;)

of course your a better christian than the ones in his signature tho.. :lol: