Change Mode

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4.0 is not a wall, thats like basic lol

MAke sure you have everything right.

Your Uncore QPI needs to be 2x your ram speed. Say you are at DDR3 1500 your Uncore needs to be 3000. Turn off EIST and leave HT on.

Set your BCLCK to 192, multiplier at 20 and thats with turbo on so in windows its 21. Gives you a perfect 4.0 plus your ram will be at 1920 (uncore 3840)

Set your CPU voltage to 1.44v and your QPI to 1.5v. RAM to 1.66v. As long as your within .45v of QPI, your ram can exceed 1.65v without damages.

RAM timings at 9-9-9-24 command rate 1T

You should literally have an easy boot. That is a high voltage i gave you, being safe too, so your should boot no probs. Once you boot and your all stable, set your QPI at 1.45v and your CPU back down to 1.37v and you should still be rock stable. Temps wont passs 70c.

BSOD 124 means higher QPI volts, BSOD 101 means like higher Vcore. No need to touch NB voltage, QPI pll and stuff at this speed.

Im sure you can do those volts since my D0 now, C0, D0 last time and D0 before that all did it with Vcore under 1.4v for 4.0

Long post but that gets you to the sweet spot :mrgreen:

I said a wall "For Now".

Still working on it, I've been learning the workings of this board for the last 5 hours, don't plan on stopping yet. :)

lol sorry didnt see the for now.

Dude 5 hours?? you are patient. :P

Gotta love the new lingo of BCLCK, QPI and Uncore. :rollie::lol:

Im officially hi jacking this thread for 2 seconds. KRAM, that apogee GTZ you have, do you have leaking issues from

A) that brass nozzle they supply, seems thinner then 1/2"

B) the Allen screw?

I had to f'ing Tighten the \allen all the way, and that solved that. But one of the nozzle provided leak, so instead of a clamp i zip tied it. I figured the nozzle was to small because with no clamp and a straight pipe no leak. Clamp moved it a bit to an angle and leaked. Zip tie kept it straight and no leak.

Back on task here. Porks, why do you have so many ram stick, what are you runnign 12303gb? lol

Lol. 6x1gb bro.

Don't be a hater.

Anyways. I'm slightly nervous to try a 1.44 volts even for one boot.

I really really dont want to ruin this beast, or even chance it.

Trust me, your safe to even 1.7v. Ive tapped 1.75v

To be pushing safe is 1.55v, thats even when your gonna hit temp issues.

Why so many sticks, your gonna ruin your oc that way

I bought it all as a package deal from kram.

:D

I've got a nice stable hit here at 3.950.

I'm going to leave it stressing for a while, help the thermal paste set and whatnot.

I'll look into grabbing some 3x2gb sticks and probably selling these guys.

I did get a memory management blue screen when trying to push 4.0, I'm guessing one these little guys are holding me back somewhere.

I'll be back and trying again in a few nights and see what I can do, but I am pretty done for now. Lol.

Trust me, your safe to even 1.7v. Ive tapped 1.75v

To be pushing safe is 1.55v, thats even when your gonna hit temp issues.

Why so many sticks, your gonna ruin your oc that way

It booted at 4.1 no problem 1.3625 VID, QPI 1.4, DIMM 1.660 but orthos freezes the system in under 2 minutes.

No Blue screen, just a completely freeze.

Temps ranged from 72 C to 67 C during the stress tests.

I tried clocking the ram down to the 2:8 (1066) but it refuses to post every time (just keeps cycling through the post), and I have to clear the CMOS, which I don't understand at all.

Edited by porksandwich9113

Yeah, I would say switching from AMD to intel, is like microsoft to os X.

LOL!

I think you got your analogy wrong there, buddy. Switching from AMD to Intel is like switching from a perfectly good platform, to another perfectly good platform, except it's a lot more expensive.

In some ways, OSX is less secure than Vista/7, does not perform as well for some workloads, and the Windows community isn't hated for it's smug, self absorbed, self-righteous users that only buy anything because it's made by Apple.

Also, hello people.

Edited by brandon

I think you got your analogy wrong there, buddy. Switching from AMD to Intel is like switching from a perfectly good platform, to another perfectly good platform, except it's a lot more expensive.

In some ways, OSX is less secure than Vista/7, does not perform as well for some workloads, and the Windows community isn't hated for it's smug, self absorbed, self-righteous users that only buy anything because it's made by Apple.

Also, hello people.

I really only meant in comparing the overclocking experience on AMD vs. Intel.

Leave the Windows Vs. OS X and price :filtered: out of this. I'm trying to overclock a processor damnit!

It just wouldn't be me without a slight bit of controversy. Also, how's the i7? I'm thinking of getting one when I am gainfully employed again, so I will have 4 cores to go to waste, instead of two.

Either that, or I'll wait to see how well AMD's Bulldozer will perform.

Also, Macs are PCs!!!! *runs*.

Edited by brandon

It just wouldn't be me without a slight bit of controversy. Also, how's the i7? I'm thinking of getting one when I am gainfully employed again, so I will have 4 cores to go to waste, instead of two.

Either that, or I'll wait to see how well AMD's Bulldozer will perform.

Also, Macs are PCs!!!! *runs*.

best upgrade I've ever had.

I've done 2.2 celeron to a 3.6 p4. 3.6p4 to a amd 5600x2. Then an amd 5600x2 to an i7.

By far the biggest performance gain I've ever seen in my life. I was more impressed with this than any other processor I've bought.

"Set the CPU VTT Voltage to +275vM and raise the IOH VCore."

tried, no dice.

3950 (188 bclk) is 100% stable, but if I bump it up to 189 it will freeze in orthos.

Vtt: 275

IOH: bumped up two notches. 1.200 o

believe.

Vid:1.3750

dimm:1.66

qpi:1.45

Edited by porksandwich9113

Thats about where you need to start adding volts. Leave it, your fine for a 24/7. Your ram is at a good 1880 right?

If you wana test it for bench purposes, start pushing the vcore and qpi. Your safe, you got my word porks