Change Mode

I had to go thru the same thing trying to fit the Prolimatech Megahalems on my Gigabyte board and in my Full Tower case. No matter which way I orient it, it would cover some RAM slots. The thing is huge! I'm running it with two 70cfm fans or one 232cfm 38mm fan (that sounds like a weed whacker..:) Good luck to you...

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking it's the sunbeam transformer.. Any case can be made functional, the first RAM slot will definitely get covered, slot 2 should be available for use.. At least most of the time..

We need your scores, hurry up.. lol.. j/k..

Yep....my Mega Shadow covers two ram slots the way I have it mounted currently (push-pull on fans pushing the air to the top of the case). It covers two ram slots if I orient it the normal way (push-pull on fans pushing to back of case). It covers 1 RAM slot if I only run 1 fan pulling the air thru from the opposite side.

I might be able to put some RAM in those slots if they don't have a heat cover. My GSkill Tridents are just too tall...... :angry:

Yeah. 3 slots lol.

There is only one way I can mount the heatsink and fan and have it fit, while also having tri-channel ram. Lol!!

Miggsy, that would be the case.

I just picked up my SSD's, so I am going to mount those guys, hook up some cables, plug it in, and see what happens!

Lol.

Yeah. 3 slots lol.

There is only one way I can mount the heatsink and fan and have it fit, while also having tri-channel ram. Lol!!

Miggsy, that would be the case.

I just picked up my SSD's, so I am going to mount those guys, hook up some cables, plug it in, and see what happens!

Lol.

:overclocking:

Good stuff Porky.. that sure does look tight.. I guess the case has good height, but the width is the problem..

And you got way too many RAM sticks .. :P

And make sure you get that cable management done.. :hammer:

Good stuff Porky.. that sure does look tight.. I guess the case has good height, but the width is the problem..

And you got way too many RAM sticks .. :P

And make sure you get that cable management done.. :hammer:

Already got it done. Lol, thanks. :)

I thought the width looks pretty good. Seems like the fan from the cpu cooler is lined up real nice with the case exhaust fan?

Nothing wrong with the number of memory sticks. Maybe miggsy could ask EVGA why they put that many slots on the board? :P:lol:

You get Win 7 installed yet?

I thought the width looks pretty good. Seems like the fan from the cpu cooler is lined up real nice with the case exhaust fan?

Nothing wrong with the number of memory sticks. Maybe miggsy could ask EVGA why they put that many slots on the board? :P:lol:

You get Win 7 installed yet?

Yeah, it lined up reallllly good.

I got cores idling in win32 xp at

1: 30

2: 31

3: 31

4: 34

Windows is proving to be a hassle.

I wanted my SSD's in a raid array, but there is no way to properly align them while the operating system is on them.

So i installed XP to do it with them as a secondary drive...But then there is no way to add the drivers via F6 because there is no Floppy Drive on the board, and I dont own a USB floppy drive. (damnit - that is going to change)

So, I installed Win32xp,

created a cd with slipstream drivers.

Re-installing that currently.

Then after that, I can use diskpart to properly align and format the SSD's, pop in the Win7 upgrade disk, and BAM we will be there. Yes we will.

Edited by porksandwich9113

Idle temps look good.

I would look into how to do a clean install with an upgrade disk. I have not, but I would think the aligning would be much easier that way and less garbage from a normal upgrade.

You have to clean install from XP, there is no option for an in-place upgrade.

There just needs to be a pre-existing installation of windows so the CD key gets accepted.

So, what happens is after I use diskpart within XP, (because the SSD's are secondary drives) then I can pop in my disk. Put in my CD key in XP, then do a clean install on my SSD's. Boot up Win7, then format the old XP partition away.

One of my friends was upgrading to the 60GB models because he needed more space.

He sold them for 112.50$ a piece. I paid 337.50. :)

He bought them on Jan 10th, used them for 3 weeks, upgraded. Was about to list them on eBay.

I told him I was interested, a deal was struck, and I saved about 160$.

Going to start the overclocking when I get home from class, see what this baby can do. :)

Edited by porksandwich9113