Change Mode

Overclocking an XFX Radeon HD 4350

So I have the Radeon HD 4350 card installed, and it's got no fan on it, just this giant heatsink, and I got all of my case fans cranked as high as it'll go on it. I wonder how well it can do on overclocking without actually performing one of those "Halt and Catch Fire" routines.

:pullhair:

So I'm in my ATI OverDrive panel the other day and when I auto-tuned it, my memory clock set as high as 405 MHz, but the GPU clock stayed the same. What's the highest possible speeds for a Radeon HD 4350 without crashing/frying the card?

:overclocking:

Thats a low end card. I believe they are 600 core / 400 memory DDR2.

With only the heat sink, I wouldn't expect much. Mainly made for video

play back, and maybe light gaming.

If CCC can monito the temps, or GPUz, try manual OCing. If it starts

getting around 80C, doing anything, I wouldn't go any higher.

Would it be possible to equip this card with a VGA cooling fan, replacing the passive cooler altogether? Hopefully, doing that should alleviate some of the low framerates I've been getting recently when I was just playing The Sims 2 Nightlife with "application-controlled" anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering settings.

I took an old card and used super glue (tiny drop in each corner) to attach a 40mm fan to the heatsink. It's not all that great, but it did bring the temps down about 5c for me. JMHO

Edited by dickster

I took an old card and used super glue (tiny drop in each corner) to attach a 40mm fan to the heatsink. It's not all that great, but it did bring the temps down about 5c for me. JMHO

Don't try it at home.. :P