XFX Radeon HD 4350

EclipseWebJS2

First the good news -- I got a new graphics card installed in my computer! It's supposed to get 1GB if its own RAM, has 80 stream processing units, utilizes a DVI port, something I haven't used on this LCD display since I got this thing, and when I plugged it in, worked good in Windows 7 right away!

Now the bad news -- I used to run two wallpapers back to back on here, alternating them once every three minutes as a slide show on the desktop so that it doesn't cause image persistence on my monitor but now this piece of junk won't let me do it anymore! And where the :filtered: is the fan at? And why does it need a 300w or higher power supply if I can't find its own connector to hook up the card with?

Now this is an ATI GPU in an AMD CPU system, will it cause a conflict of interest? And being that this card is a PCI-E 2.0 card, since I wasn't sure if PCI-E 2.1 would work in this machine yet or not, would I have used CrossFire if I had more than one x16 lane on my motherboard?

First the good news -- I got a new graphics card installed in my computer! It's supposed to get 1GB if its own RAM, has 80 stream processing units, utilizes a DVI port, something I haven't used on this LCD display since I got this thing, and when I plugged it in, worked good in Windows 7 right away!

Now the bad news -- I used to run two wallpapers back to back on here, alternating them once every three minutes as a slide show on the desktop so that it doesn't cause image persistence on my monitor but now this piece of junk won't let me do it anymore! And where the :filtered: is the fan at? And why does it need a 300w or higher power supply if I can't find its own connector to hook up the card with?

Now this is an ATI GPU in an AMD CPU system, will it cause a conflict of interest? And being that this card is a PCI-E 2.0 card, since I wasn't sure if PCI-E 2.1 would work in this machine yet or not, would I have used CrossFire if I had more than one x16 lane on my motherboard?

Have you installed the drivers?

I mean, was this trip necessary? As soon as I did install the card and download an update to the Catalyst drivers and Control Center, I find that my wallpaper doesn't work anymore. I first saw this FAIL when I found that my wallpapers wasn't alternating between the two images that I had set. And then, when I picked on a "solid color" by mistake, now I can't put a wallpaper back on my screen anymore.

And now here's another EPIC FAIL coming up. I've just loaded the graphical Folding@Home client (using team 32035 :D ) and using the Auto-Tune settings of 600/405 (slight memory overclock), and because there's no fan on this card, temperatures on the card is already up at 69°C (156.2°F)!! This overheating is gonna cause me blue screen hell all over, and all of my case fans are all cranked as high as it'll go.

Posted Image

This last EPIC FAIL, and this time, comes from Microsoft. I can't add my missing gadgets back because I press the option to "Add Gadgets", and the stupid screen never did show up for it! I suppose this had something to do with the User Account Control taking into effect or due to the fact I was using an NVIDIA product before I added in this card.

Edited by EclipseWebJS2

• 1 month later...

for starters, did you not even look at the card you were buying?!

you can see it has no fan or powre connector, and that would be because it's a low end card. i think that's the fail personally, getting a budget card to o/c on stock cooling and fold w/ it, and whine about it crashing. ug.

as far as ati and amd working together, well, they own each other and systems are built using the two together for fun code names like Spider and Dragon, so they will work just fine together.

what board do you have and we can help you figure out if you can go crossfire or not.

overall, sounds like you've just got a buggered up o/s on your hands. uninstalling the nvidia drivers first would have been a needed thing using Driver Cleaner or the likes,,,, unless you have an nvidia chipset....