Change Mode

SKU011.cab missing

Hello there,

When attempting to open Excel a Window Installer opens and I am told that I'm missing SKU011.CAB. I've read about this elsewhere and the regular solution seems to be using Registry Editor to change the CDCache value from 2 to 0 (found here: http://www.sku011cab.com/). When I do this it still does not work. The Windows Installer still opens but instead of prompting for the missing SKUO11.CAB I receive the following error:

"Error 1311. Source file not found C:\MSOCache\All Users\90000409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0150048383C9\E2561410.CAB. Very that the file exists and that you can access it."

That error goes away by changing the 0 back to a 2, but of course the missing SKU011.CAB problem returns. I don't know what the right way to go about it is, changing it to 0 and fixing the Error, leaving a 2 and fixing the missing file problem, or something else all together.

I am using Microsoft Office 2003, I do not have a CD for it because it came loaded on the laptop which I bought from Dell, so any solution requiring that unfortunately won't work.

Anything would be helpful. Thanks in advance

Ino88

try this fix...

1. Click Start, and then click My Computer.

2. Click Folder Options on the Tools menu.

3. Click the View tab.

4. Click Show hidden files and folders under Hidden files and folders.

5.Go to the place where you installed office

(folder OFFICE11) and (click and) run the original EXCEL.exe

Usualy the install file is:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11

Hey,

I tried this and Excel did open (which it hasn't been doing), however the Windows Installer still opened as well. I am prompted for a CD, which as I mentioned I do not have.

If I click OK it tells me that I could also use the file titled SDIPN11.MSI, if I find it in a folder, which I cannot.

Clicking Cancel reveals another Error Message. This time. Error 1706: Setup cannot find the required files. Check your connection to the network, or CD-ROM drive. For other potential solutions to this problem, see C:\Program File\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\1033\SETUP.CHM

This does allow me to use excel, which is nice, but is there anyway to get the installer to go away altogether?

Thanks Again

Ino88