Change Mode

New TechExpress link Updated.... Video Help!

Ok, 1st, THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP!! We got thru my last problem... Now as noted by Lugnut last time, my video card score doesnt seem to be right, and it's still that way after a new power supply and restoring and what not... Any ideas as to why, and what i can do to fix it??

Its a new Sapphire Radeon HD5750...

Atleast its working now tho!! If i can nail this down, i'll be happer than a pig in its own mess! :-)

I'm not sure if lugnut is referring to a tweaked scored or a standard non tweaked score. Usually to score the best possible score you pretty much have to peal Vista or Win 7 eye candy down to looking like a Classic Windows desktop.

My card on my tech express is at stock! With everything optimized. What resotuion are you running SM?

I thought that the 5750 would at least beat the 4890 by a little bit!

Edit: NM I seen your test.. Set your resolution to 1920x 1080 (if you have a high def monitor that is..)

Edited by lugnut

Ok, 1st, THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP!! We got thru my last problem... Now as noted by Lugnut last time, my video card score doesnt seem to be right, and it's still that way after a new power supply and restoring and what not... Any ideas as to why, and what i can do to fix it??

Its a new Sapphire Radeon HD5750...

Atleast its working now tho!! If i can nail this down, i'll be happer than a pig in its own mess! :-)

What OS are you running ? 32 bit ? 64 bit ?

Win 7 64bit, his TechExpress link is the system at hand.

That being the case, below is advice I posted elsewhere.

QUOTE(lugnut @ 7:58am Thu Nov 19 2009) *

Why is it that when I turned off Aero and all other settings on advanced video did my 2d score go down so much?? I was at 14634 now down to 13k??

This is because W7 is optimized differently than Vista. Going 16 bit on color, optimizing for "best performance" will hurt your scores in W7.

Select best appearance. Then individually un-check options that have the words " Animate, Animations, Fade, Slide or Smooth" in their description. Select 32 bit color depth. Your scores will be both balanced and higher.

Check out mine...

CPU ----MIPS 69420 MIPS 0.100 6942 Top 1%

RAM ----MB/sec 25082 MB/sec 0.100 2508 Top 1%

Video ----MP/sec 790 MP/sec 4.000 3162 Top 1%

3D Video ----fps 9697 fps 0.100 970 Top 1%

Disk ----MB/sec 237 MB/sec 5.000 1185 Top 1%

Internet 1665 Kb/sec 34451 Kb/sec 0.200 200 Top 1%

Total sparkle.gif 14967 Top 1% sparkle.gif

http://www.pcpitstop.com/betapit/sec.asp?c...;report=Summary

Thanks! I'll get the hang of Win7 soon!

I did all that, and updated my techexpress... it helped a little (6% increase).... anything else i can do to help? I figure it should be better than yours too Lugnut, what else am i doing wrong?? Does OCing have anything to do with it??

I'm new to Win7, and this is probably a dumb question, but where are those options? I went thru everything in the Catalyst Control Center and cant find them.

There may not be any. I have not used an ATi card in years, although I just bought my daughter a laptop with ATi graphics. I didn't go into Catalyst as it ran fine as it is, plus I didn't want any over power consumption or heat.

As lugnut said, go into advanced system settings and set it to best performance. Once you have done that go into Personalize and reselect Win 7 theme. This will give back some of the eye candy, but toss out the fading stuff.

Thanks! I'll get the hang of Win7 soon!

I did all that, and updated my techexpress... it helped a little (6% increase).... anything else i can do to help? I figure it should be better than yours too Lugnut, what else am i doing wrong?? Does OCing have anything to do with it??

Yes oc'ing will have a big effect on the pit's graphics bench. Also a little trick is to wait about 30 seconds a run the test again without closing the Window.

Edited by KRAM

I figure it should be better than yours too Lugnut, what else am i doing wrong?? Does OCing have anything to do with it??

Only other thing I can think of is mine is a different resolution. Seems like you came down some (gpu score??)

The test on my sig is at stock (not the cpu but gpu) as I did not overclock that untill about 3 weeks ago..(once I got my new case)

Yes oc'g will def give you a better score but that stock setting should be better than mine..

After looking at the clocks on our cards mine does have a higher core clock..(150 mhz more) but you have a much higher ram clock? And I have the 256 bit card, (I think you got the 128 bit correct?)

5750 Is that the card you got?

Here is mine..4890 dang did it go deactivated quickly!

Maybe the tests only tests the core clock?

Edited by lugnut

right click my computer and click properties... Next click advanced system settings in the left hand corner, then click settings in the performance tab!

Select best appearance. Then individually un-check options that have the words " Animate, Animations, Fade, Slide or Smooth" in their description.

The exception being, edges of screen fonts. This makes text easier to read. I would also uncheck "Enable transparent glass". Don't forget to click "Apply".

In CCC make sure 32 bit color is selected.

Test.

Yes lugnut, thats the one i've got.... i noticed yours is 2GB... maybe thats the difference??

Checked, im in 32bit color

I went into CCC, and tweeked the Overdrive a little bit and got some better results.

Enabled ATI Over drive:

GPU clock to 810MHz

Memory Clock to 1400MHz

Other ideas that might could help??

After reading that seems about right! As the 5750 is not better than the 4890..(as I thought the 5750 was better than the 4890)

It is the baby of the 5700 series... the 4890 is the top of the line of the 4000 series.

You will still be able to play all your games at high res though!

a 5750 will perform similar to a 4850

Edited by lugnut

After reading that seems about right! As the 5750 is not better than the 4890..(as I thought the 5750 was better than the 4890)

It is the baby of the 5700 series... the 4890 is the top of the line of the 4000 series.

You will still be able to play all your games at high res though!

Except for DX11 and Eyefinity on the 5700's instead of DX10 on the 4800's .

Edited by Kojak

Damnit Lugnut!!! Now i gotta go get a new card!! j/k!

I did the hotfix.. I saw a HUGE change right away, i was able to read all the txt on the screen better.. then i did a test, and it still only helped a little.... is this just a lost cause??

As far as a loosing battle? Depends on how the card overclocks! I know mine does or will not overclock anymore than it is now ( About a 2% overclock so not good)

As Kojak said though you have the Luxury of keeping your card when DX 11 is fully out. Me, I have to buy a new card.

You will still be able to play all games that are out now though! Would not worry bout it to much!

I mean compare it to what you came from and you should be very satisfied!

As far as a loosing (losing) battle? Depends on how the card overclocks! I know mine does or will not overclock anymore than it is now ( About a 2% overclock so not good)

As Kojak said though you have the Luxury of keeping your card when DX 11 is fully out. Me, I have to buy a new card.

You will still be able to play all games that are out now though! Would not worry bout it to much!

I mean compare it to what you came from and you should be very satisfied!

As for me and my 4870.....

I'll wait until the price comes down on the 5970 and Sapphire outfits it with VaporX cooling. :tup:

Edited by Kojak