Change Mode

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try following this one.

http://forums.pcpitstop.com/index.php?show...76427&st=10

Top of 2nd page if not right.

I do not have any idea of AMD. Do you have VT turned on in bios?

The 64 bit VM, must have VT enable to work.

The only thing on the firewall issue will be [email protected] downloading and uploading files.

Everything else is in the files, and self contained on the machine.

With the VM smp client, you don't need a password anyway. Just with the windows

SMP client. If you try it, I will give you work around so you don't have to use

a password log on. Works for W7 Pro 64.

We'll get it worked out.

I ran into that the first time I tried a VM. You need to change your network connection from "bridged" (default) to "NAT".

From your picture, the little box on the right side of the lower border, click on the right symbol (Network Connection) and click Settings. Switch the check from Bridged to NAT. Reboot the VM and see if it works.

You can avoid this in future installs by editing the vmx file. See caintry's VM thread. Near the end of the file is the network connection line. Just edit from "bridged" to "nat" and save.

Edited by uncle fuzzy

ok thanks! I got iot all.. I was able to get to the page and enter the team number and my name and set the backup intervals etc.. Pheww. thanks all! :blushing:

Launch directory: /etc/folding/1

Executable: ./fah6

Arguments: -local -forceasm -smp 4

hoping this is the right WU!!

Name: Gromacs

Tag: P2677R21C85G63

if it is I think its time to drink some Sam Adams!!

Happy New Year everyone :b33r:

Forget the Sam Adams...............a little Irish whiskey is on order. Good job man. Fold on for 2010. Happy New year all :party:

Forget the Sam Adams...............a little Irish whiskey is on order. Good job man. Fold on for 2010. Happy New year all :party:

A graduate student from Trinity computed the square of infinity. But if gave him the fidgets to put down the digits, so he dropped math and took up divinity.

Do they not show how many cpu(gpu's) you have running? I notice there is a space for it on the stats page but nothing is under anyone's?

Finally got into the 100's! (179) Time to finally get the other boxes running.

Edited by lugnut

At 13 min. you must only be running on two cores. Do you have two

clients set to fold SMP?

If you set it to use four cores, your times should be around 5/6 min per frame.

Well according to my config diskless folder it shows 8 cpu's? I am guessing this is only in the VM machine correct?

Now I need to throw one up with the smp flag correct?

Posted Image

Edit: off topic but my 7 year old said today is 01022010 how observant lol.. Then I thought about it and well it is. :lol:

Edited by lugnut

First, what does Task Manager say your cpu usage is? If you're only running the VM on 2 cores, it should say something around 50. I use Core Temp to watch my temperatures, and that shows me the load on each core.

Stop or suspend the VM. Go to the folder you put it in and open the vmx file with Word Pad. There is a line that tells the VM how many cpu cores to use. The default is 2. If you haven't been in this file, that's probably all you need to do. If you change it from 2 to 4 and restart the VM, you should be firing on all 4 cylinders.

The how-to and a picture are in caintry's thread.

edit- Now you can teach him/her the word palindrome. :D

Edited by uncle fuzzy